ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help detailers! YAY or NAY?!

Hi guys, right here it goes.

Ive got 2 products, they being:
Turtle WAX Black Colour magic edition
Farcela G3 Super Resin Wax

Is it OK to use one after the other? obviously buffing one off before applying the next?

Thanks!!
Jay

Clio
not really answering your question but why not get some autoglym stuff or something to start out? aint dear and good results

Ph2 172 Track Toy
I'm gonna say no. I don't know the products to be honest but at a guess they both look like cleaner waxes. i.e. they clean and protect all in one. Which basically means when you apply you remove the previous protectants.

If you want summat that can be layered you need a wax with no abrasives, a great start is a sample pot of RaceGlaze 55. Its only a fiver and it will be enough for about a years worth of applications, depending on the use of the car of course.

not really answering your question but why not get some autoglym stuff or something to start out? aint dear and good results

I use Autoglym High resin polish, and interior shampoo, but the wax is darn expensive and find the g3 super high resin wax gives a better result to be honest! beady :eek:!.

Raceglaze 55 on the shopping list, cheers PBCup!! ;) (EDIT Raceglace 55 is £67.30 for 230ml :( )

Last edited:
  Ph2 172 Track Toy
230ml will last 5-10 years. But start with a 15ml pot for a fiver. At least 2 full applications in that.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
There is no point waxing a car if you have only shampoo'd it. As mentioned have a look through the guides on here, or at some of the write-ups

Clio rs 200
I can also recommend juicy detailing as they couldn't be more helpful. I can't see the point in adding your two wax products. I normally use a single wax. Dodo juice need for speed is a great easy to use cleaner wax then top it off with red mist and the results are pretty impressive. For paintwork protection collinite is bombproof as well.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers everyone, great help! only a novice here :p!

Yeah unfortunately budget is a let-down, on a apprenticeship and wage is well, almost non existent. :S

I have a good wash-mitt brought from cleanyourcar.co.uk, and currently finishing a bottle of turtle wax all in one bought for me!.

Really do love cleaning my car, and detailing it. Just got a lot to learn, and all your advice is much appreciated!.

The colour magic, fills in any stonechips/scratches with the colour of your choosing.. So I put that on last as another polish/wax would just take it right off again.

I only use colour magic for the bonnet/ front bumper and front wings for obvious reasons and use a polish/carnuba for the rest of the car.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This has proper confused me... :S

G3 is a (very heavy!) cutting compound.
Super Resin Polish is a polish from Autoglym
Black edition Turtle 'WAX' is just colour magic with a fancy name.

Do you mean G3 pro resin superwax?

Just wash the car using some good shampoo and wash mit, dry it, polish it using Autoglym super resin or similar.

Unless you're mad into detailing this will make it look 10 times better.

This has proper confused me... :S

G3 is a (very heavy!) cutting compound.
Super Resin Polish is a polish from Autoglym
Black edition Turtle 'WAX' is just colour magic with a fancy name.

Just wash the car using some good shampoo and wash mit, dry it, polish it using super resin polish.

Unless you're mad into detailing this will make it look 10 times better.

Yeh and make sure if you are going to use G3, use water with it on the cloth or sprayed directly onto the treated area. It truly works wonders though.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
If you're just getting into the detailing scene. Id recommend Dodo Juice: Born to be mild shampoo. Auto Glym Super Resin Polish. Followed up by Auto Glym HD Wax.