ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need help desperately

L

lukekbrown

I went down a pot hole and my passenger seat airbag went off, so I replaced the rear passenger pretensioner, front passenger pretensioner, put resistors in the passengers seat to look like theres an airbag in the side and I've had the airbag module reset, but I still got my service light and airbag light on.:dapprove:

The only thing I can think of is that I've put the resistors in the wrong place. I put a resistor (3.8 ohms) in the beige wire and a resistor (3.8) ohms in the purply/brown wire but left the black wire because I believe its the Earthing wire.

Can someone help because I need to get all this sorted before I sell up.

LY 182
you need the airbag computer reset once its gone off, new airbag computer or it can be done on an exhchange basis via ebay

LY 182
you need the airbag computer reset once its gone off, new airbag computer or it can be done on an exhchange basis via ebay

ValverInBits
bloody hell clio air bags are dodgy. There was a guy on here not so long ago who had all his passenger airbags go off on a Broad Bash. Dangerous stuff

L

lukekbrown

Ive had the airbag computer reset but still aint got rid of it :dapprove: Someone must know how to help?

LY 182
best bet is get it to a backstreet garage and get them to plug it in, they'l only charge you 30 quid max and it will help you to isolate which component is causing the problem

bmw 318ci coupe
you may need a new ecu, apparantly when the airbags or tensioners deploy it ruins the ecu. getting it plugged into a computer may be ok to remove the light due to a dodgy switch for example, but not when they have gone off