ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need clarification on this

BG 182
IMAG0521.jpg

BG 182
its balljoint and arb bush time this weekend :D
in the bag containing pinch and mounting bolts, there is a white plastic washer with 2 paralell flats, what is it?

BG 182
also is that the outer arb bush that goes on w/bone? it looks dissimilar to whats currently on the car? or is that rubber bit inside the metal housing? looks a bit small :/

that picture is a ball joint the little plastic shim goes between the ball joint and the hub (pinch bolt end)

Sounds like the arb bushes are completley wrong got a picture of them

Lol my bad never scrolled across the screen to see all the picture lol. yeh you have the clio mk1 style arb/droplink bushes.

And as before slide that white plastic shim onto the ball joint with the 2 notches on it facing upwards as they will locate into the slit on the hub where the pinch bolt goes through.

BG 182
so the ecp gave me the wrong bushes? MOTHERFUCKERS! hope they have a good returns policy... and cheers for the info on the shims mate :D

BG 182
2 x 614745055 @ 7.08 GBP
Lemforder Stabiliser Link / Drop Link
for: Renault Clio 2.0 2003

thats what i ordered

BG 182
what can i do then? as i entered my reg on their website and the only other item was the same except it was a shitty q drive one

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
take yours off and photograph it and send that pic above in with it to the supplier and tell them they have an error on their part system and you want a refund/replacement

BG 182
take yours off and photograph it and send that pic above in with it to the supplier and tell them they have an error on their part system and you want a refund/replacement

Sounds like a good idea, there wont be much scope for them to grumble if there is photo evidence lol.
to be fair from what ive read ecp are okay on returns anyway.

was looking forward to doing the bushes aswell, looks like im only doing balljoints now. tomorrow is going to be a very brief encounter on the ramps :(

many motor factors in newport, iow called up the same part. correct me if im wrong, but where mine is a non cup with packs (it is.. 60mm on a vernier doesnt lie), maybe the arb is cup but the parts system only see's the car as a 182? (cup and packed ones run stiffer/different arb right!?) i dont know im guessing at this point....