ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need An Amp Or Not?

Clio Mk1
i have recently purchased some vibe Slick 6x9 speakers, the three way ones, they have got 160 rms and 475 max, my headunit is fairly old, and says on it "45w x4" so would I need an amplifier to get the most out of these speakers, as they kick out a little bass, but not as much as I thought they would.
Top notch speakers though.
Dont kill me for getting 6x9s, there were already some crappy ones there, so just upgraded them.
Cheers

Clio Mk1
simple answer to a simple question I suppose.
Thank you very much.

Also, on a mk1 clio, how would one go about running a cable all the way from the boot, to the headunit, and also, from inside the car to the bonnet?

MK2 PH2 & E46 330
simple answer to a simple question I suppose.
Thank you very much.

Also, on a mk1 clio, how would one go about running a cable all the way from the boot, to the headunit, and also, from inside the car to the bonnet?

depends what model you have. on my RT there are existing speakers in the boot at either side of the parcel shelf. i just used them for 6x9s. no problems

Clio Mk1
yeah, thats what I done to. My 6x9s are already connected up and working fine, but I was just wondering about the amp.
What kind of amp am I looking for then?
Any suggestions of an appropriate amp for my speakers? Have a budget of £100 max for an amp really.