ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need advice after a accident in my 182. want it wrote off!!!...please advise

www.renparts.co.uk
he is extremely good at his job, he used to work for aston martin doing body repairs before he moved up north, says yours is looking good anyway and the quarter panel hadn't needed to be replaced once jigged it popped right out.

Family Bus
This is why I love CS.

You've got someone here who knows the person doing the work, which can only be a good thing.

Keep it...you know you want to ;)

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
he is extremely good at his job, he used to work for aston martin doing body repairs before he moved up north, says yours is looking good anyway and the quarter panel hadn't needed to be replaced once jigged it popped right out.

is it true if it has been jigged then it will show on the hpi report? just rumours someones told my gf...

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
oh just a update which you wont believe.. made me piss myself.

last night i heard a wheelie bin get knocked over. didnt think owt of it. 10mins later next door neighbour come round, (young lad) and said ive had bit of a accident. ive just reversed into your jag....!!!!#

stgraight away he is like ill pay u private when i get paid,..as his excess is £500. anyway looked at the car, head light smashed, front arch big dint in it. front bumper pushed in and scuffed, and bonnet dinted.

i told him he is best paying his excess as there at least 1-2k worth of damage. so another accident i had to report, just waiting for the head office to phone me. hopefully they might give me a BMW or Merc lol. mind u ill end up with a corsa 1.2 or pegeuot 1000 or what ever they are.

poor lad is guttered. but it will learn him not to race about.. tut tut

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
wish i had seen the thread sooner mate im a body repair assesor but excellent advice from a few folk and ideal the guy knows who's working on the car.
the quarter will need filler work.clio kinks dont pop out on the jig believe me.
jig work will not show and when you sell it its up to you if you mention the damage as it will not be recorded.(im not saying lie obv.)
be aware clios are bad for rear ends so if you do trade or sell it,the person will most likely lift the rear carpet so the boot floor has to be mint no big sound pads over dodgy repairs ect... pm me if you need anymore info or if you get a copy of the work done ill have a gander at it for you let you know what to check first.
hope this helps.
gal.x
ps the hire car company give you the most expensive car because they will claim it back through the other persons insurance.accident management its called for non-fault claims.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
^ ffs gutted!

Bad luck comes in 3s I suppose.

Whats the jag like when its working?

yeah thats the 3rd bad luck now,

1st - meant to go on holiday couple of weeks ago, but 2 days before gf got a ear infection so couldnt fly,

2nd - clio crash

3rd- jag smashed.

lol not much luck but hopefully will get better now.

as for the jag its a very nice car. not very quick, its 155bhp diesel. not as violent as my bora tdi but it puts the power down very smooth. feel a right pimp daddy in it lol. its got all the trimmings and itss the sovereign version, sat nav, heated seats, cruise, auto everything, heated cup holders!!! lol.

i contacted the insurance for the courtest car, they said i had to pay a £250 excess, i told them im not financially able too and wasnt paying as its not my fault, so they advised me that i sent the bill the other guys insurance company. i still have the jag as its driveable, but feel a tw&t now driving it with a big dint in it and smashed head light.

oh well. so thats the update so far.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
well just thought i would update you.

picked my 182 up today, very happy with the work they have carried out on it (just car clinic - doncaster)

only one thing is that they didnt replace the exhausts. so they are hanging down lower due to a split rubber exhaust holder. they are contacting my insurance company for approval to replace the exhaust system as i said im not happy with it.

once i got back into my 182 it was awful to drive compared to the jag. but hit 5k n it put a smile back on my face. BUT THEN......

.......5 mile down the road and pulled in at the garage i got it from (evans halshaw) and couldnt help myself. i have traded it in for a vectra cdti 150bhp SRI... (im sorry i love my big cars) thought i would get on with the clio. but after having the jag i just love cruising along in a big dirty diesel lol... got a decent trade in for the 182 even though ive only had it 6 week or so. i was happy, gf is happy so sorted. we are also going to be trying for a baby soon, so thought i best trade it now while i have some cash lol

so just waiting on final figures, and the go ahead....

as for my whiplash.... its bloody killing me, its got worst this last week or so. so another 2 weeks of work.

please dont give me abuse about swapping a 182 for a vectra sri lol.. i know there will be some negative comments, the clio is a very very good car, but it doesnt suit my driving style lol.. tut tut...

S4 Avant
Sounds like a chaotic few weeks for you! glad you've got it all sorted though.

As for the vectra, there comes a time when it just becomes uncool to drive something with a boy racer stigma attached to it, and with planning for a kid, couldnt think of a more sensible car for you.

White clique
Fair play to you for trading if you need something bigger, the clio is not the most practical car if you have a baby. Vecra diesels are a good car.

Did they know it had just been in a smash?!?!

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
they knew it was involved in a accident, as when i signed the forms, it asks was it involved in a accident etc. i just said it had a rear bumper replaced and that it wasnt my fault and the other party paid for the damage. (not that it makes any difference) so they are aware of it.

TBH the cars looks in better condition now than when i bought it lol. paint work is mint for obvious reasons.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
I bet they gave you pennys for it :(

it wasnt too bad, i expected getting alot of negative equity towards my new car, but i was only £300 of my settlement figure. so not too bad.

oh well, just waiting for all the figures to go through and awaiting that phone call.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
Sounds like a chaotic few weeks for you! glad you've got it all sorted though.

As for the vectra, there comes a time when it just becomes uncool to drive something with a boy racer stigma attached to it, and with planning for a kid, couldnt think of a more sensible car for you.

il still be making the vectra a bit different from standard lol. like my cars to be a bit different from the rest :)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
i tell you what, it's a smaller world than you think, the estimate from jcc came to my work (insurance assessor) and one of the engineers in my team authorised the repairs :D

when you mentioned albany i did a quick search for your reg on our system, and hey presto, i'm looking at images of it right now

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
i tell you what, it's a smaller world than you think, the estimate from jcc came to my work (insurance assessor) and one of the engineers in my team authorised the repairs :D

when you mentioned albany i did a quick search for your reg on our system, and hey presto, i'm looking at images of it right now

god it really is a small world. put the images on here if you want. i dont mind. dont get in trouble at your work though.. tell that assessor i would of baught him a pint or two if he declined the repairs lol :rasp:..

JCC have done a excellent job, and i was impressed with there customer service, the customer service desk phoned me every couple of days to update me on the progress.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
I actually like the sri Vectras, think they look good for a barge, although il leave the family car to my woman when the time comes, i want to keep my Hot Hatches!

Good ending, but dude, a Vectra?

Your not MOFO are you?

As long as you and the mrs are happy. Stick around. The forum is full of idiots but its a laugh.

Good luck with the baby and all.

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
i know a vectra lol.... its one of the cars ive never really looked at when ive been looking to buy.

but for the money and the spec and power, they are pretty decent compared to its rival mondeo st td

for same price ive paid for the vectra with 30k on the clocks, a mondeo st diesel has 70k on clocks. was shocked. altought the mondeo st diesel is one of fords best selling cars of all times (for depreitation)

aye the vectra is one big barge, but still 0-60 in 8.8 seconds, not bad for a barge lol..

and if u chip it your talking 200+ bhp and shed loads of torque, im sure the baby will love that feeling lol.

ill stick around on the forum, its one of the best forums ive used so far. so keep up the good work.

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Yea they can shift, my m8 has a cdti 150 brake sri astra and i love driving it nice and quiet, dont realise the speeds your doing were the 182 has more of a roar! hes going next week to get her remaped so 200 will be fun!!

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
update on this.

got a phone call from the sales bloke, to tell me the vectra was like a shed when he went to pick it up from another dealer.

guttered as that morning i stripped the clio of clear bulbs, mp3 cable, and parrot handsfree car kit :mad:

still on the look out for a vectra cdti 150 sri... 05/55 with about 30-40k on the clock for around 6k.

so im still with u guys for now, if i can be accepted back into the community lol. :D

Artic Blue Clio 182 05
oh and a update on the damaged jag, got the bill today for damage. £176.98 :S

cant work out if thats my excess or what, the damage looked about 1k at least, but my excess was £250 on it. so its well confused me. oh well sent the bill back to forward it onto the neighbours insurance.

i love my neighbours/................ NOT:evil:

Tullyvernon

Northern Ireland
ClioSport Area Rep
  Williams, Focus RS
Aw raigin bout the vectra! good luck with the search for another.

Go easy on your neighbour, accidents happen!

Paddy_g46

ClioSport Club Member
If my car was in a minor ish shunt and was repairable Id want it back :S

Seems a shame, obviously if you've only had it 4 weeks, its a disappointment, but you've got a great little car there...Im sure whoever repairs it will do a good job!

Oh and PS: Dont listen to your gf...women talk sh*t ;)

from the horse's mouth!