ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a really good wax! Before car show

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Autofinesse illusion, easy on and off in any weather conditions and looks awesome, provided your budget goes that far

How much do you want to spend?

Ly 200 & V6
I've just recently bought some G3, used it on the vee and 200 and was really pleased with it. It was £30.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Recently replaced my AF Illusion with AF Passion and I'm really impressed. Illusion is good for a budget wax though.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
AF Tripple then AF illusion, i did this on my sliver PH1 and was over the moon with the outcome.

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Recently replaced my AF Illusion with AF Passion and I'm really impressed. Illusion is good for a budget wax though.

Wouldn't call it a budget wax @ £75 quid mate.

AF Passion is £60

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
For a show you want a show wax. AF illusion or Swissvax best of show are top contenders here. The Swissvax is double the price though!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Bos is the best Show wax. Just packed with oils.

Lusso Oro is a great substitute.

Personally i'd buy Z8 and use it as a wipedown at the show. Major bling!

Clio 172 phase 1
Massivly depends on you'r budget. There is thousands of them out there dependant on durability to shine ratios and also ease of application personal preference.. Personally I really like the dodo juice supernatural wax as a good sine but it doesn't last more than about 3 months at best my favourite is Swissvax best of show atm but agen it's not a massive laster and its expensive mabye if you don't know alot on these yet try the auto glym gd wax it's a good kit it's got decent durability and the shines not bad either. And like gally said a spray shine at the show is a good investment ..... Also what colour is your car?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
I left illusion on my roof for quite some time yesterday with no problems.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
In short, adds a layer of protection to your clearcoat , protecting it from the likes of salt, mud ect. Wax is a semi perminant LsP

1.2 16v
I use dodo juice hard candy, awesome wax and smells lush, not bad for 25 quid for a pot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh hey yeah just a thought....

But how about.....

Zymol Carbon.

Topped with C2V3.

FU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OT it will look superb and bead and sheet water brilliantly. I'm trying to test Lusso Oro and C2V3 at the moment.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Surely C2V3 base, then Oro on top?

Negative. Looks of oro, performance and sealant of C2V3. It won't last 6 months probably but you'' benefit from performance and looks to an extent.

I know it sounds silly. If I was doing Z2/5 then wax I could understand topping with wax but C2 being a wipe down i'd prefer that. Just playing around. No harm done.

Negative. Looks of oro, performance and sealant of C2V3. It won't last 6 months probably but you'' benefit from performance and looks to an extent.

I know it sounds silly. If I was doing Z2/5 then wax I could understand topping with wax but C2 being a wipe down i'd prefer that. Just playing around. No harm done.

Btw FYI bwab;

he5uzyru.jpg

a9ahe3u3.jpg

magu7e9e.jpg

Af3 and c2v3.