ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need a little help guys doing a rear disc conversion on my 1.2

mk2 1.2 mk2 172
I'm doing a rear disc conversion on my 2005 1.2 what do I need apart from the obvious axle hubs discs exit what do I need as in the little bits like extra bolts cable pipes stuff like that ? Thanks in advance guys

Cup In bits
If you want to do it buy a complete sport rear beam and handbrake cables as it will work out cheaper, you would be best to get sport rear brake pipes too and the proportioning valve as it will all just bolt on I expect.

mk2 1.2 mk2 172
Cheers mg cup didn't really want opinions like but the sport wheel base is wider than a 1.2 and the disc conversion is just looks nicer and for the price I can get one for yes it's worth the hassle so this post isn't pointless if you have nowt helpful to say just don't say anything

mk2 1.2 mk2 172
Well tbh that's wrong coz I only really want it for the wheel base the discs are just a added extra and how much are a good set of spacers these days about 70-80 I can get a full rear axle for 60 with springs so all your opinions are just irrelevant and plus I'm only 17 and carnt get insured on a 182 like you people so if you have nothing helpful to say don't say a thing

Seriously, people are giving you advice for a reason. Fitting a set of spacers is a lot easier then doing what you're on about. Plus we also have a resident trader (DAN@M.A.D) who makes spacers. Look at his section of the forum.

Or you could save for a 182? I'm 18 and insured on one.

vroomtshh

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Ibiza Cupra TDi
I fitted one to my girlfriends old dci. Was it worth it? Course it was.
Abs sensors were the bit I had problems with. Not sure if the 1.2 is the same but I could never get the abs working properly, no matter which sensors or rings I tried

mk2 1.2 mk2 172
See why carnt everyone just give me a little advice on how to do instead of giving a a f**king 101 reason on why not to do thanks guys

mk2 1.2 mk2 172
Seriously, people are giving you advice for a reason. Fitting a set of spacers is a lot easier then doing what you're on about. Plus we also have a resident trader (DAN@M.A.D) who makes spacers. Look at his section of the forum.

Or you could save for a 182? I'm 18 and insured on one.
How much is your insurance ?

Cup In bits
Crack on with it if you can get the parts cheap and can do your own work or get a hand...... why not. I also modded my first car to within an inch of its life, did it make me money, probably not, did all mods serve a purpose, definitely not, did I enjoy it, yes. Some people enjoy working on and improving their cars some don't. Unless its turinis or silversions your fitting then this will be your general replys.

Half the people that will tell you not to do it will be people who don't have the savvy to do it themselves.

mk2 1.2 mk2 172
Cheers mate just some people thought the rest of the forum I've been in contact are really helpful including yourself

Many.
Get a full beam from a sport, handbrake cables etc. ABS sensors won't plug in, probably have to cut and solder them, not an ideal way to do it, but reasonably sure thats the only way to do it, however you might be able to find the right sensors (most likely from a 1.6 or DCI 100).

Arches might need rolling too (their rolled on sports)

Forgotten anything else.

Clio DCI
Did the conversion on my old DCI, only for the looks as it was a sport rep but had issues with the ABS sensors and handbrake cables. Had to use (1.6 petrol/DCI 100) ABS sensors and had to extend the bracket under the car that the handbrake cables slot into.

Other than that it was fairly straight forward, unbolt all drum brake components and refit disc components.