ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

need a digital SLR, advice?

MK3 GTI golf 16v
as the tittle says, i want a digital slr thats fairly user friendly, im still pretty new to photography. been looking at the lumix G1 or similar models. can anyone tell me about this, it seems to have good reviews?

or can you recommend a camera in the same kind of price range that will do the trick. and i still cant decide whether to buy second hand or not...

anyway, cheers in advance for any help or advice

DB.

BMW 440i
Look in the photography section, I found loads of advice before i purchased mine.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
ive been looking through but most things seem to be a bit pricey to be honest. i have a canon film slr and a few of my friends have digital ones and there alright but im not hugely impressed to be honest

i like the look of the lumix for its price and reviews, the only thing is does it have enough features in relation to other cameras in the same price range ? the lumix g1 is going for about £380-400 now

Merc
Best advice research and a box of panadols as you'll do your head in! There is so much to these cameras that I didn't bother and bought a mid-to-top end compact digital.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
i already have a lumix tz10 or whatever its called compact digital, just looking at slrs now. but as you said theres so much involved my brains going numb

MK3 GTI golf 16v
yeah ive just been looking at that, been reading a lot online and a few people recommend buying just a camera body and getting a lens like 18-135mm instead of the 18-55mm or similar that they are generally bundled with. would people recommend this ? or would the cheaper 18-55mm lens be good enough to start with

Not sure if d3000 are still running, but its my first dslr

that or 3100 as people are saying

Not a nikon or canon fan boy either way, i would consider canon next time, best thing to do is go intore hold one, try it out... etc

had mine for almost a year, served me proud on 18-55 lense and bought a 50mm fixed, very happy with the results, wouldn't mind an upgrade sometime though.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
both of my photography mates have canons so i will more than likely get one of those so i can blag their lenses, just need to work out whether to buy a bundle, or just buy the camera body and a seperate lens. alot of people saying the standard 18-55 lens is crap ?

DB.

BMW 440i
Everyone on here seems to reccommend buying second hand to save a chunk, I know Boosh is/was selling one on here relatively cheap.

I went for the D3100 after my research/budget as I wanted new. Im very happy with it either way!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
do you know how long ago that was ? im looking on ebay at the moment at some second hand canons

DB.

BMW 440i
Have a look on his started threads.

Should be in the for sale section somewhere.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
juts had a look, think its sold plus it was nikon. looking at canon 450d second hand, see what deals i can find, would of prefered new but its just to much for a similar spec camera