ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nearest earth? help

'52 clio 1.2 16V
tyrying to fit an ipod adapter to to my pioneer H/U but cant find an earth anywere in the front of the car. wheres the best place to earth it to?

also am i right in thinking i can run a positive feed straight of the positive feed into my stereo? will get a pic up in a few minutes once i've pulled it back out the dash.

Peugeot 207 GT THP
My Pioneer headunit has a power feed for the Ipod adapter so I used that when fitting mine. As for the earth, I used one of the fixing points surrounding the gear lever. You need to pull all the covering away but there are plenty of suitable points under there.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
cheers rob. was the power feed for the adapter you used the spare yellow cable on the loom? i did try using that yesterday but i dont think i earthed it right so it didnt seem to work

'52 clio 1.2 16V
ok so about 3 hours sat out in the cold trying to sort this and i still cant get the ipod adapter to work.

i've got a Pioneer DEH-P75BT & am trying to fit the ipod adapter (CD-IB100 II).

to power it you have to run an earth and a positive feed to the battery.

i've earthed it here: this is below the heater controls, radio etc on the drivers side.

earthiu3.jpg

and i've taken the battery feed straight from the wiring loom on the H/U:

positivequ6.jpg

now i thought that would be fine. but when i plug the wires into the ipod adapter the "power on" led doesnt come on. i've also got no voltmeter to check.

any have any ideas that could help me out??

(the H/U itself works fine btw)

Peugeot 207 GT THP
Looking at your first picture it's a bit difficult to say whether or not you've found a sufficient place to earth it, but from what I can see I'm not sure that it is. Have a look where I originally suggested. Mine is earthed at a fixing point to the chasis, surrounding where the gear lever is. You need to remove a few bits of trim to get to it, but it's easy enough to do and put it all back together again.

You've the same headunit and ipod adapter as me. Your headunit is definitely fine for powering the adapter so if all is well there, the earthing point is the next obvious place to check.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
rob i took your advice and so thats were i started looking. removed all the trim aorund the gear area but still couldnt find a suitable place to earth it. seeing as i already have all the stuff pulled out can you remember exactly were you fixed it to?

Peugeot 207 GT THP
I can't remember exactly I'm afraid as it was about 15 months ago when I fitted mine. However, once you've removed enough of the plastic trim from around the bottom of the gear lever you can see the floor of the chasis. There are several screws fixing (if I remember correctly) the gear linkage to the floor and it was one of those points that I used. As it's fixed to the floor, it gives a good earth.

Hope this helps.