ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankangs???

VW Golf TDI
Well as I have bought a house now, im aboit poor :( so my beloved clio has to come second, it is in need of 2 new tyres, so reading most of the tyre reviews on mytyres.co.uk I realised they are no actully that bad, so I have bought 2 of them for my clio 182...... What do u guys think ??? I rather would have had 2 yoks or mitchelins but for 80 pound I cant go wrong can I :s has anyone else got budget tyres on their 182, I used to have cheapos on my 172 when I got it but changed them for good tyres, well conti sports....

106 GTi
Give them a wide berth IMO, if your want a budget tyre I would even suggest Toyos over them. At the end of the day the contact patch between the car and road is the almost the important thing there is - so dont skimp.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Oh god...

Look, tyres and brakes are the things keeping you alive and on the road. Don't cut costs where they're concerned. Don't go for anything that sounds like it was made in Taiwan.. Stick to what proves to work..

I can't believe you've bought some... IT'S WINTER SOON FOR PETES SAKE !! (that line will have double meaning if by any chance your car is called Pete ;) )

VW Golf TDI
Yeah I know that, but I have heard that nankang are part of yokohoma company, thats off my mate who Is a tyre fitter, oh and if they look s**t when they get here can you send tyres back to mytyres??

6/468 17poo
nankangs, ive had them on the rear for ages, not the best at all especially with winter coming up!!think ill be swapping back to eagles as they dont even come close, also they even look quite pants!

VW Golf TDI
whats so bad about them then ???i thought they were a good ish budget tyre. look at the ratings on my tyres

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Yeah I know that, but I have heard that nankang are part of yokohoma company, thats off my mate who Is a tyre fitter, oh and if they look s**t when they get here can you send tyres back to mytyres??

Yokos are hardly market leading rubber either...

Stick to what you know works. In fact, for winter time you should be considering winter tyres, especially with these polar months we're supposed to be expecting...

BMW M4; S1000 RR
good ish budget tyre

You have good.

You have budget.

There is no medium, either it's cheap rubber, or it's not. Cheap rubber will not forgive you for cornering too hard, it will not grip when the road is a bit dirty.

If they were good, no one would pay £70-100 a corner for the Pilot Sports.. (or the baby exaltos for the Clio's tiny wheels:eek:)

VW Golf TDI
hmmm yeah point taken, they can get ripped to shreds on the front then, I was gonna stick em on the back but I think ill put my part worn mitchelins on the back,