ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

nankangs good or not

clio 172
can anyone point me in the right direction of what make to get as i want a good tyre for a reasonable price 205 40 17 is the size im looking for

cheers

Clio 172
Just done a trackday with them on the front & once they warmed up they were ok to be honest :evil:

Good budget tyre in my opinion...................

BMW E46 330i Touring
People jump on the bandwagon of what they think the tyre's like without ever having used them...

I've got them on the rear of mine and they've been fine for the last few months in all sorts of crap weather. I'm not saying they're a top quality tyre but I bought them to save some cash pre-MOT time and I've been surprisingly impressed with them for the money.

106 GTi
I was 'lucky' enough to be a passenger out on track in a car running them - we spent a fair bit of time experiencing chronic understeer before the eventual 'off' at Quarry - I will second the Ditchfinders comment !

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I had Fulda 205/40/17's on my old Rover coupe and I thought they were a good tyre.

Cheap too! £45 fitted each IIRC?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
depends on your budget.
i pefer admrals to the nankangs hate toyos only fit brands to my car now bridgestones er300 are what im running on my nova and p-zero neros on my clio.

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
kwikfit are doing 30% of 4 perrilis if bought off line or get a quote and take into them.

I have got nankangs on the front of mine! always had conti 2's until i blew 2 conti 2's on a bend and had to get them replaced in a hurry so went for nankangs at 30 pound a pop! i must say they are good in the dry! not as good as conti 2's but there good! but i think they are dangerous in the wet, especially on wet leaves! the conti 2's where 10,000 times better! the nankangs give at anything in the wet, and on main roads i find the aqua planing unbelieveable!! if its all you can afford then go for them! but be weary in the wet! if you can afford a bit more for conti 2s go for it!!

Clio 172 Cup
the nankangs i had on my 1.2 didnt last very long and were horrible in the wet.

budgets are fine for driving normally, like just to the shops and things, but if you like to push your car of have a spirited drive i would really invest in some good rubber.

after all a few extra quid on some rubber might keep you on the road, or from going into the back of someone one day and that will cost a fair few quid more than some proper tires will once a year!

IMO of course!