ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang

197 F1 / Disco 3
Anyone using or have experience of these
4x Nankang NS-2R 205/45 R16 87W (MEDIUM)
Will they fit on 16" 182 wheels ??

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Not very well explained, I mean width wise as they currently have 195 45 16 on my wheels
Yes they will be fine,any wide spacers fitted?as that can be the only problem you might have with rubbing or very low ride height.They are very good tyres though my wife just fitted some on her Subaru.SJ.

RB Clio 182
Not very well explained, I mean width wise as they currently have 195 45 16 on my wheels

Sorry I didn't mean to come across like that, the 205 width is the size that the 182's come out of the factory with, obviously you didn't know this, as above the 205's are the perfect size for the 182 wheels.

I'm going to try these tyres next they have great reviews.

197 F1 / Disco 3
Yes they will be fine,any wide spacers fitted?as that can be the only problem you might have with rubbing or very low ride height.They are very good tyres though my wife just fitted some on her Subaru.SJ.
Yes have have spacers fitted on all 4 wheels , think they are 20mm , will these need to come off ?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is the car lowered? Only time I had issues on running was from the front bumper brackets. You can bend them out the way. Video below shows the lovely noise it makes

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Similar question..

But for turinis, what was the factory size as I currently have 195/45/16

Sorry I didn't mean to come across like that, the 205 width is the size that the 182's come out of the factory with, obviously you didn't know this, as above the 205's are the perfect size for the 182 wheels.

I'm going to try these tyres next they have great reviews.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
The 120 compound is the softer/one to go for isn't it?

What are the 180s like?

I'll find out next Friday when I try them myself but I want to know what to expect in advance

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
180's I reckon will be fine. The ado8's are 180 iirc. Rsr are 140 or try the new nankangs (I think) that are 80 lol (I think)

RB Clio 182
Similar question..

But for turinis, what was the factory size as I currently have 195/45/16

Not sure mate, theres two different turnini offsets so I can only guess it depends which ones you have, ill have a guess at the trophy ones being 205 and the cup 195 but im not 100%, thats just a guess mate.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
180's I reckon will be fine. The ado8's are 180 iirc. Rsr are 140 or try the new nankangs (I think) that are 80 lol (I think)

Good good. They should be more grippy than say, a contisport 3 then.

Which should be interesting as they'll be on the back haha!

I still want RSRs next. I'll have to chew through these quick.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
rsrs are a safe bet. I still fancy trying something else. And after the car ignoring me after my latest 'for sale' thread I need to treat it to some new shoes

197was/second 182is
where are those brackets you can bent? thats exactly noise I'm getting! need to sort it out then!

about nankangs... great tyre for money, I had them on 320bhp Evo VI with no problems (treadwear 180) now I was looking for 120 in clio size but everywhere they out of stock so I went to federal 595RSR (68 quid a corner) hopefuly they will be fine.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah be fine mate. If you look behind the front bumper you will see the metal brackets. Hammer at the ready

197was/second 182is
Do we talking about them? If anyone can, picture will be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20160409_171517.jpg
    IMG_20160409_171517.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 50
  197 F1 / Disco 3
Would these fit on my wheels ??
No easy finding decent tyres for these bloody 16 inch wheels !!
Is the 50 profile to high

4x Federal 595 RS-R 205/50 R16 87W

197 F1 / Disco 3
Is the car lowered? Only time I had issues on running was from the front bumper brackets. You can bend them out the way. Video below shows the lovely noise it makes

Nice vid , sounds horrible ... Can't have done your tyres much good .

PH2 172
Only time I had issues on running was from the front bumper brackets. You can bend them out the way.
/QUOTE]

Space the front upright assembly away from the top mount bearing so that it hits the bump stop before the tyre rubs on the bodywork.