ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Nankang AR-1 - well worth it!

Trackslag172

ClioSport Club Member
  03 Clio 172
For those who have been debating using them,

I fitted a new set of 195/50/15's (£316 delivered from JCC) for my ring trip this week.

There excellent, easily on par with R888's.
They are softer though, so wear slightly quicker. They're also quite noisy, but my car's always loud so not a problem!

They're probably just over half worn now (only been fitted for 4 days), after a return trip from essex to nurburg and 2 sessions on the gp circuit and 2 laps of the ring, so not too bad. I did swap front to back to try and keep the wear even.

Only minor issue it they seemed to 'go off' at high temps when your really pushing it, but it could have just been me getting over confident!

I'd recommend them if anyones looking for semi slicks, well worth a try

Hope this helps some people make there mind up

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I don't imagine my NS2-R to wear out anytime soon but these will be replacing them!

Chambers_RS

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup&Leon K1
They're well worth it! Mate of mine runs them and doesn't have any issue at all.

Beat his BTG over R888s

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
good to know! they're cheaper than the federal fz-201's also which is nice. Found them at 80 quid a corner on ebay