ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N97 vs iphone 3g

Audi S1
Iphone all the way mate... the phone is just so much better, in many ways.

Go for the 3gs though... much quicker

Not going for 3GS as it will cost me about £80

3G is an option but tarrif is shocking when compared to what other people are offering.

Audi S1
Not going for 3GS as it will cost me about £80

3G is an option but tarrif is shocking when compared to what other people are offering.

Its worth it though, the iphone that is.

The contract are crapo but the iphone is just more advanced. See if you can get a play with someones..

ST
Picked up my N97 yesterday from P4U, got £130 cash back for my 5 month old N85, N97 in black for free (originally wanted white but opted for black as the white will get manky), got it on an 18 month Vodafone contract, 1200 mins, unlimited text, unlimited net/email, £40 a month and i'll be porting my number over as soon as my PAC comes from Orange.

Deals are out there to be had, you dont even need to push that hard to get decent cash back and the likes too, its like buying a new car, know what you want and stick by it.

Alan, those unlimited offers are capped, just to inform you lad. Texts at 3k, land line calls at 3k and I think the internet fair usage is at 500mb. Same basic deal as me.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Picked up my N97 yesterday from P4U, got £130 cash back for my 5 month old N85, N97 in black for free (originally wanted white but opted for black as the white will get manky), got it on an 18 month Vodafone contract, 1200 mins, unlimited text, unlimited net/email, £40 a month and i'll be porting my number over as soon as my PAC comes from Orange.

Deals are out there to be had, you dont even need to push that hard to get decent cash back and the likes too, its like buying a new car, know what you want and stick by it.

Im sure orange could have beaten that offer? did you speak to their retentions dept?

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
ive got an n97 and its aload of s**t ive had 3 of them over the last two weeks always freezing and asking em to restart and its slow as s**t id have the iphone any day. but i have gone back to my blackberry storm its just as good if not better than the iphone and vodafone do good deals on them

Mikey, seriously? I am on my third replacement Storm. Always slow to load, always needs to soft reset, always fails calls five times before going through and connecting etc etc etc!

We dont port afterwards mate. So that wont happen. PAC codes must be given at point if sale. Otherwise you will end up keeping the number your connected with. I'd take it back to P4U and return it, until u have the PAC. just abit of advice before you try and ring Vodafone with ur PAC code and u end up stuck with a new number.

Last edited:
  m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
Mikey, seriously? I am on my third replacement Storm. Always slow to load, always needs to soft reset, always fails calls five times before going through and connecting etc etc etc!

i had one replacment storm in about 16 months and that was it compared to a n97 where ive had 3 over a week i prefer the storm all the way

172 Cup
ive got an n97 and its aload of s**t ive had 3 of them over the last two weeks always freezing and asking em to restart and its slow as s**t id have the iphone any day. but i have gone back to my blackberry storm its just as good if not better than the iphone and vodafone do good deals on them

Well thats put me off the N97 lol - I really do not know what to do at the moment.

£186 for the white 16gb iPhone 3GS just seems to much money.

Dilemma!

Cooper S
I had my N97 for two weeks, swapped it for an N85 plus 160 notes...

I really liked it but it was just too big and I hated the touch screen.....

iPhone 3GS. The most impressively functional and easy to use all-in-one hand held media device that the world has ever seen.

Clio DCi 65
I'm really NOT a fan of the N97. Wish i'd just purchased an iPhone instead.

Its too big, seemed a bit slow processing things whilst I was using it.

Back to the Samsung Armani P520 for myself!

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Ive got an iphone 3g. Had a play with an n97 earlier n i really liked it. The live net feeds were cool. It was however a bit buggy. I love my iphone but the camera is a fail

The camera on the iPhone is s**t. The camera on the iPhone 3G is s**t. The camera on the iPHone 3GS is s**t, with sprinkles. They are not good cameras at all. Then again it's a phone, not a camera, and since 99% of all phone pics are viewed actually on the phone, the iPhone wins because it has an awesome screen.

Next?

Gem

Racing Blue 182
My iPhone is now fixed.

Good god I nearly cried.

iPhone pwns all over Nokia TBH. It's not 1999 afterall....

Gem

Racing Blue 182
It had frozen so reset using home button and top button, still wouldnt work so had to do a factory reset on iTunes....which kept up with it's little error message.

Finally got it to reset on about 5th attempt. I freaked a little as I didnt want to lose all my customized lovliness and apps, but then remembered I had done an iTunes iPhone back up......*smug*

Peace is now restored.

All because I tried to update to 3.0.1 :(