ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N79 playing up since yesterday, but I think i've fixed it - not really.

Yesterday it randomly started to flash a couple of times when I was texting, every text I wrote it did it :S Then earlier on, when in standby mode it was freaking out, it kept flashing all the time, but the screen wasn't lit up.
I've only had it since early this year so i've no idea why it did it.

So I did what I did to my old 8310 when that played up, gave it a whack:) It's fine now lol !

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Re: N79 playing up since yesterday, but I think i've fixed it !

Isn't it a n97 Cat?

No. It's an N79 - no one has one, hence why I got it. It does the stuff I need it too (I ain't getting a fricking iphone lol)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Lols, aw 29 year old and a technophobe already! It's downhill from here mate. ;)

I've never been that good with technology tbh mate. As long as I don't end up like my rents i'll be ok.

Scrap the idea of me thinking I fixed it:dapprove: I stupidly turned it off last night & then the screen died ! It lit up but was blank when I turned it on.

I took it apart & it kept saying 'insert sim' but it was in it ! Took it out & tried again & it was ok, it just flips out every now & again (screen keeps flashing in stand by)

How do I go about warranty ?? It's only 9 months old, but not from a shop. I don't have insurance either.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
*#0000# then update the software

(connect it to a wlan first)

As said update the firmware and do a full reset. If that doesn't work go onto nokia's website and they list local shops that repair them under warranty, or you can post if off.

Check out Nokias website for a service centre. Take it in and they will check the warranty against the IMEI. If they can fix it it can probably done in a couple of days, if not then they can probably do it for a charge

*#0000# then update the software

(connect it to a wlan first)
Sorry, Tom - i'm useless mate, can you tell me in simple terms please ?

Would I have to save everything on it ?

Also, would it be free to fix ? It's less than a year old.

Download Nokias PC Suite, use the back up function to back up your phone. The software should then also give you the choice to update the firmware. Try this, see if it works.

Titanium 182
Sorry, Tom - i'm useless mate, can you tell me in simple terms please ?

Would I have to save everything on it ?

Also, would it be free to fix ? It's less than a year old.

Aw I feel sorry for you haha, you seem helpless, anyway yeah. Sorry I can't help old chap ! :rasp:

^ pmsl. i'm awful with stuff.

Cheers conneh, i'll give that a bash, does it do the whole phone ? Messages ? and even the notes i've saved on it ?

Suzuki Ignis Sport
My Nokia E71 is playing up too, battery life has worsened to 8 hours now, and the camera lens is red hot all
the time!

Haven't really trusted Nokia's tbf, i had the 3210, 8250, 5110 and many more, and they all had the same problem, the liquid ink thingy ma bob they used in the screen always fucked up! :S

Safe to say i'll go for a Sony Ericsson Satio or iPhone next!

^ ace, cheers fella. I'll check it out (then start a thread when I ruin it);)

Thanks for you help everyone :D

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Shouldn't be any problems if its similar to the old ones. I changed the firmware from 3 to Nokia standard on the N95, and then restored the back up and all was fine. Doubt its changed much with a couple of years but worth checking a nokia/phone forum if you've got anything important on the phone.

Cool, cheers. It was flipping out yesterday - so I gave it a whack with the palm of my hand, I then got a red screen for a bit !!

This isn't good, it's also caining the battery now too, i've only called a few people too.

I would do, but i'm not on a contract anyomre. I'm that simplicity malarky. I got the phone new off ebay back in Feb.

I'm not getting an iphone !

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not a facking iphone!

Get back on the bay and get a new phone you tight wad! Stop spending £80 a week on take away ;)

I shall (hopefully) trek down to one tomorrow night. I want the stuff on it to stay there though (well be retrieved if it has to be wiped etc) if not i'll give pc suite a bash.

clio 200
my n97 is an idiot lol

ive done like 3 software upgrades on it, nokia had it back and uploads whole new software onto it, then my screen lock button fell off now it turns itself off all the time haha

Nokia's are pretty poo tbh. I had an N73 before this N79, that phone was awful !

It died last night & has gone back to how it was when I turned it off the other day. Stupid thing !

Last edited:
I tried to update the firmware on it yesterday, backed it up & then went from there - it said one was available for it so I tried it, then it said there wasn't one for it :S

It said to put in the numbers under the battery - I know that if I did that it wouldn't work again, I did as it said & I was right, it was hashed:mad:

The screen on the inside is now broken & so are bottom row of keys & i've cut my left hand:eek:

I do have an N97 mini coming though (money & sense lol) lets hope that phones ok.