ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

n73 problem

I have 2 numbers in my phone which i have recently saved and when i recieve a msg from these people, the actual phone number appears and not the name the number is stored under...?

i have tried saving using 07 and +447 but still no joy

Any idea's? I think i have gone through most options but still no joy.

Cheers in advance

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
try removing the person, and get them to send you a txt. then from the text choose add to contacts.

worth a try. iv not had any similar probs with mine

172 cup TT
Ive got this with my n70... only effects ONE of my mates.. dunno why it happens.. all of my other contacts appear fine with their names.. wierd

B

Brown.

i notice this only happens with nokias. weird...... happend to my old 5210 and newer 6230(smart phone)

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
you dont have 2 numbers under 1 persons name do you?

if so this will be the problem im sure of it!

Adams_16v - have you got the n73 at the moment? I read in the other thread you've just updated your phone - have you successfully updated the n73 to a newer firmware than v1?

Thanks

1.4 Clio Alize, Volvo S40
The only time I've known that happen is because the numbers is there twice. it happened on my mrs phone cos my number was in as me and her "ICE" contact

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
cuppaT -

Yes i tried to update it and it said there were no updates available, when i knew there were 2 newer ones available. did some digging about and because my phone is an O2 model, its product code wont allow it to be updated, as the new firmwares are generic and dont have any network added stuff on. same goes for orange, t-mobile etc.

So installed nemisis service suite (i think phoenix can do it too), which is a nokia service centre package, and changed my product code to a generic sim free one, not an O2 one, and the updates worked fine. You can change it back, but i havent yet.

I have this problem with my SE K800i, just 1 of the numbers won't save. I've tried everything, even resetting the phone so all the phone numbers were deleted and added it again.

numbers are only in once in contacts, using memory card as the memory source.

all my numbers are also in SIM directory. Still no joy... not a major problem just annoying...

Astra coupe
i've updated my n73, had to flash it first and alter the product code (to make it a generic non-branded one) but beware this voids the warrenty and is not recommended by nokia. The update to version 3.068 (i think) fixed the problem with the bluetooth dropping connections.

Astra coupe
numbers are only in once in contacts, using memory card as the memory source.

all my numbers are also in SIM directory. Still no joy... not a major problem just annoying...
thats why. when i transfered everything from my sim to the phone the numbers came up as you desribed. although it sorted itself out after i rebooted it.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
^^ i did the same the other week. you can change your product code back i think, altho i havent yet!