ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

N111JST/R500BRT - My 5 months with it.....

182 Cup & DCi 172
Well I bought N111 JST as a random buy back in July and had alot of fun with it.

Built it up into the spec I wanted and used it nearly everyday.

I wasnt planning on breaking the car initially and was offered swaps and cash but in the end I thought it was worth my while breaking the car for parts and scrapping the shell.

I bought the car like this;

mediaCA1JQBND.jpg

mediaCAJ625JB.jpg

mediaCAK6G9YG.jpg

After completing my mods it looked like this;

SAM_5487.jpg

SAM_5476.jpg

SAM_5441.jpg

SAM_5300-1.jpg

SAM_5398.jpg

And now its been ravaged and it is off to be scrapped;

DSC_0831.jpg

DSC_0843.jpg

I did like the Clio but didnt love it. Was great fun and liked the driving experience but didnt bond with it like I did my previous Focus ST.

This car has been owned by a few members on here;

- Piers
- PORTY
- Nixxy

Is being taken to be destroyed next week so that will be the end of what was a cracking little car

Rob

Shame the see it stripped and scrapped but needs must unfortunately. I've followed this car when Pier's had his Project Thread going, such a great well looked after car it was :(

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Oh no. I don't think I could do that to mine, even if it is worth more in parts.

I thought that about the Trophy, but as a whole, i couldnt get rid of it for £2.5k, so i sold the car without wheels/interior for £1200 and sold the rest of the modded parts for £3k. Total price = £4200, ie more than most considerably lower mileage ones lol.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
What an utter, utter waste, feel sad when lovely looking clios get into the hands of those that are happy to destroy them.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I can see the point in the value you get back from it but it looked such a good looking car with the turinis on it. Do love a flamer.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I had that car sitting on my driveway for about a month and a half... before you bought it off ash!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I thought that about the Trophy, but as a whole, i couldnt get rid of it for £2.5k, so i sold the car without wheels/interior for £1200 and sold the rest of the modded parts for £3k. Total price = £4200, ie more than most considerably lower mileage ones lol.

True, but it depends how you value your time. I certainly couldn't be bothered to waste time breaking another car, especially one that was as nice as that.

Clio 172, Pug 106
Poor flamer!!!! I Dont think i could ever break my flamer...
Rarely see them anymore round the northwest

I loved this car, there was just something about it that stood out. I'd never have broken it for spares unless something had gone seriously wrong with it.

182 Cup & DCi 172
I bought the car from a local garage in Sunderland. It had airbag light flickering on and off and engine management light on.

I spent time getting these creases worked out but finding holes in the rear arches, boot and floor which had turned rusty and flimsy as well as a gearbox that needed attention I really didnt see the cost effectiveness of repairing it when I can easily break the car for more and move on to my next project. Ontop of all this the belts and dephaser would need doing in the near future.

The car has no service history and now the bumper is off it is clear it has been in a minor bump as the radiator is flapping in the breeze on the bottom and also showing signs of bending on the crash bar.

It was very simple to me - £1500-£2500 for the car as was and it needed taxing as well at end of December or £3200+ breaking it. I did offer it back to previous owner but didnt want to spend that much and passed on it.

Rob

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I think you did the right thing. If it was rusty, needed a gearbox rebuild and the belts were due you wouldn't have got more than a grand for it. Some people might have sold it on not mentioning the issues and got closer to 2k for it, but if you got 3k for it in bits then fair play to you.

Not a 320d
It's not about the money though is it!

IMO it's sad to see a great looking car, end up this way.

It isn't no, but at the end of the day its only a Clio. Christ.

Cracking looking little car sure ive seen this before and its probably one of the better looking 172's going. But youre making out as though he just broke a rare 100 year old Bugatti even though there wasnt a lot wrong with it.