ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mystery leak

Cupped 182
Need a little help guys:

Noticed a few drips under my car when getting in to drive home this evening. Stopped off on way back for 5 mins and there was a steady trickle from under the engine bay (maybe a quarter teacup's worth) and when I had a look it seemed to be coming from somewhere towards the back of the tray underneath the engine bay. No odour & didn't feel oily or greasy so assumed water, but got home 10 mins later & it seemed to have stopped, & there are no more drips now a couple of hours later. checked water level & seems fine so a bit puzzled as to what it is.

Bit worried about driving it tomorrow now. Any ideas folks?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I believe that condensation from air con causes water droplets coming out of the bottom of the car

Cupped 182
Really? Seemed rather a lot of water - there was a trickle running a few metres down the hill from under the engine. I use the climate pretty much all the time and have never noticed it do that before.

clio 172 ph2
have u got washers on ur headlights?? might be worth a check. one of mine leaks when the bottle is full lol

Seat Ibiza
Is this a joke? I really hope so.

Nah mate he's right!! Lol
It will be alot of water on a hot day too, and it will be at the back of the engine on the bulkhead!
If all your fluids are topped up then it would make sense right? :)

Cupped 182
I have a vague idea what air con does ;)

There's a difference between water condensing on the underside of the car where the outside air is in contact with the cold air-con unit; and water vapour extracted from the air inside the car being discharged somewhere at the back of the engine, which it seemed was being suggested??