ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mystery creaks, driving me nuts, lol.

ph1 172
My ph1 172 has developed a few annoying & difficult to locate creaks.

Creak one is when turning the front wheels when stationary, it seemed like the rubber top mounts against the bodywork, so I removed them & smeared lithium grease in between but it still does it (oh, except when I took it in to be looked at !) , I'm thinking strut bearings maybe ?

The second, & more annoying is from the rear. It'll creak quite badly when I turn right (ie,roundabouts) but even pulling away can do it, but again, it conveniently refuses to make any noise whatsoever when I get it checked out !

I've had everything checked over, bushes, all steering/suspension joints, shocks, springs, exhaust the lot.

Yesterday was the second time I took it in for a diagnosis, it creaked terribly on the way, wouldn't do it during inspection so he didn't charge me, then within 1/2 mile it was as bad as ever :mad:

​I don't know whether to replace everything or buy another car as I can't be doing with annoying intermittent noises...