ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Uncle's Weekend Toy

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
My uncle popped around this weekend just gone to finally show me his new toy.

IMG_2766_zpsf6c4ebef.jpg

IMG_2764_zps4e927862.jpg

IMG_2765_zps6e6b27d7.jpg

IMG_2763_zps1816b217.jpg

IMG_2768_zps65476cbb.jpg

What a machine it is! It pulls and pulls, and it handles magnificently. For the short time I drove it it felt very civilised and a car you could easily live with on a day to day basis, but when you want to you just need to press the loud pedal a bit harder and a beast is unleashed. My uncle test drove this and an Exige S and that is the main reason why he went for this. Why they gave it 4 seats is beyond me though, unless you are ferrying around 2 midgets.

I cannot however confirm nor deny that Harbinger is my uncle.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Lovely car. My boss has one identical to that. Still trying to get him let me have a go lol

Megane r26
Looks great, I'd still prefer the exile but that looks awesome mate and hope your uncle enjoys it.

I like the Cayman but I still think I'd go for the lotus as the Cayman will never be a 911

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What the hell is that wing.

I had a look at a few last month and the interior and drive train are a long way behind the Cayman. Shame as that are pretty.

its the only version of the evora that looks ok,

Waity your correct the finish on a Lotus isn't anything like the german levels (or for that matter any other manufacturer) and the service and warranty from lotus dealers is pretty poor .

If only it had been an orange one :)

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
its the only version of the evora that looks ok,

Waity your correct the finish on a Lotus isn't anything like the german levels (or for that matter any other manufacturer) and the service and warranty from lotus dealers is pretty poor .

If only it had been an orange one :smile:
The dealer was really funny, kept going on about how well it was built and how it was really fast. It was finished as well as my old TVR was and it was no faster than my diesel bus.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The sports racer is a tremendous machine but... I really thought they upped their game with it, better built etc etc and it is to a point but it's still held together very badly in places.

I was shocked to see how amateurishly some of the things were put together, to be expected, maybe, i'd just expect a bit more for that kind of cash.

None the less a stunningly good capable car in the right hands, they deserve credit for it.

Not sure why you would over a caymen r , the lotus has feel but the i cant get over the s**t gearbox. It's amazingly s**t, and I drove the 'uprated' one. The over servo'd brakes. The ever present smell of glue. The exposed screw heads and bit of foam wedged in gaps that remind you that it was built by Lotus and that it's likely to fall apart at any time. The engine that sounds bland, something Lotus are brilliant at is s**t sounding engines

And thats coming from the owner of 2 new ones