ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY TURBO 182 :)

clio 182
ive finally made a start today after finding a garage to do the work in i stripped the whole front end ready to take the engine out next weekend :) a few pics

IMG_3417.gif

IMG_3425.gif

BG 182
What constitutes megane internals, is it just pistons and rods? Or does it include valvetrain etc...

172 cup, Impreza P1
Do you know if the valves clear the megane pistons as the megane ones have no cut outs.

172 Track Car
Interesting build, I'll definitely follow this one.

Valve to piston clearance should be fine due to the lower compression ratio you get with turbo charged engines. Doesn't hurt to double check though!

172 cup, Impreza P1
They are dished pistons but not where the valves come in contact. That why on my old 182/225 hybrid, the 225 head was also used.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Here is mine when I was building it. There are no cut outs for valves and is is not TDC. The pistons are the same overall length as the standard 172 pistons.

DSCF2268.jpg

clio 182
Here is mine when I was building it. There are no cut outs for valves and is is not TDC. The pistons are the same overall length as the standard 172 pistons.

DSCF2268.jpg

Im going to get the slots machined into the 225 pistons, I'm not taking any chances with this, south wales pistons can do that for me they are based in Cardiff so just let them sort it out :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
I'm sure someone said they will hit if you don't either adjusting the timing to compensate or cut the slots.

Will be watching closely to see how this goes! Good luck :)

clio 182
I'm sure someone said they will hit if you don't either adjusting the timing to compensate or cut the slots.

Will be watching closely to see how this goes! Good luck :)

ye they were discussing this in one of my other threads im getting the slots machined out to be safe :)

172 cup, Impreza P1
Im going to get the slots machined into the 225 pistons, I'm not taking any chances with this, south wales pistons can do that for me they are based in Cardiff so just let them sort it out :)

By the time you've done that you might be as well buying forged pistons if you're going to all that effort.

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
please be careful with that, the top rings are higher than on other f pistons! they aren't exactly the same height from the pin up though

piston%20specs%20foto.jpg

foto(2).jpg

clio 182
a quick question guys does all the wiring come away from the engineor does some come out with the engine?
with the fuse box in the engine bay obviously unplug the white plug how do you get the rest out?

B3113A11-5FA7-4A48-AFDA-000C1DEE4D70-1523-000000AC351E91FA.jpg

172 cup, Impreza P1
a quick question guys does all the wiring come away from the engineor does some come out with the engine?
with the fuse box in the engine bay obviously unplug the white plug how do you get the rest out?

B3113A11-5FA7-4A48-AFDA-000C1DEE4D70-1523-000000AC351E91FA.jpg

​Leave the fuse box in place with the loom and just pull it to the side.

clio 182
Just an update
engine was supposed to come out on the weekend but was let down by a mate who was borrowing me his engine crane so wasnt happy with that. The engines coming out this weekend I hope! So I can get on with the build :) Had some more goodies through the post today :) lower engine gasket, crankshaft thrust washers, crankshaft main bearings and my turbo manifold :) got all the gasket set and all the bearing in need to get on with the engine rebuild :)

42EE7240-42D4-40D4-952A-B81003C3248B-3432-000001AAB76C60AB.jpg