ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My TT QS

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Only because you know it's off a seat. Those bumper cry out for depth and that splitter offers it.

If it had been standard you wouldn't bat and eyelid. ;)

I've gone back to standard as I couldn't stand the noise of an open filter. I'm too old for Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh Tsshhhhhhhhhh

As for the LCR splitter, im just not sold. I think it cheapens it a little.
It's not as cheap looking as that dude number plate!! :dead:

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Boost gauge looks good. Not too in your face.

I've sorted a rare pillar pod for 2 in mine but not sure whether to fit it or not. Need to check boost levels actually since new turbo is one.

Old broke one with knackered oil seals, half in play in shaft and a crack by wastegate was peaking at 16 and holding 12-13 lol.

I got that bluetooth obd one you recommended and the app for Android, quick calculations showed mine to be around 250bhp on broken turbo.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Boost gauge looks good. Not too in your face.

I've sorted a rare pillar pod for 2 in mine but not sure whether to fit it or not. Need to check boost levels actually since new turbo is one.

Old broke one with knackered oil seals, half in play in shaft and a crack by wastegate was peaking at 16 and holding 12-13 lol.

I got that bluetooth obd one you recommended and the app for Android, quick calculations showed mine to be around 250bhp on broken turbo.

Haha what should it boost? Similar to mine i'm guessing? Must be not far off 300 when running right if so.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Haha what should it boost? Similar to mine i'm guessing? Must be not far off 300 when running right if so.

Just needs VXR Injectors and 80mm MAF to flow 300. Need to pull my finger out and get it done but kind of just bought VXR interior for it lol

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Just needs VXR Injectors and 80mm MAF to flow 300. Need to pull my finger out and get it done but kind of just bought VXR interior for it lol

Get some bought. Cant cost much? As for the seats, straight swap over? They must look huge in yours.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Get some bought. Cant cost much? As for the seats, straight swap over? They must look huge in yours.

£100 for injectors with rail brand new and a similar price for the MAF. Although the MAF is indentical internals, its only the 80mm housing you need!

Yeah fronts bolt right in, rears need slight modification.

What they'll look like fitted -

VXRInteriorAfterFront.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
£100 for injectors with rail brand new and a similar price for the MAF. Although the MAF is indentical internals, its only the 80mm housing you need!

Yeah fronts bolt right in, rears need slight modification.

They look spot on tbf. A lot of people say they're not that comfy but I've never get what they're on about. I like them in my mates Nurb.

Keeping it now then or just confused like me?

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
They look spot on tbf. A lot of people say they're not that comfy but I've never get what they're on about. I like them in my mates Nurb.

Keeping it now then or just confused like me?

Very confused lol.

Pistonheads/Ebay etc don't help. Look at Astra VXRs, Megane R26, VX220, Focus RS, next its something on lease then i put myself owning a car on finance because i'll get bored etc lol. Then I love the Astra again, and then repeat.

Really not sure what to do :( What you been looking at?

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I've got my heart set on an s15 but I do love these...:eek:

And having driven one they are the nuts, love the seats too.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very confused lol.

Pistonheads/Ebay etc don't help. Look at Astra VXRs, Megane R26, VX220, Focus RS, next its something on lease then i put myself owning a car on finance because i'll get bored etc lol. Then I love the Astra again, and then repeat.

Really not sure what to do :( What you been looking at?

Pretty much the same tbh..lol. It's just all too much of a side step tbh. I need to get it out of my head. I did have it advertised for a week or more with only one bite. For how cheap i'd have to let it go, I'm not going to get anything "better" without spending money I don't want too.

I've got my heart set on an s15 but I do love these...:eek:

And having driven one they are the nuts, love the seats too.

280bhp+ is when they come alive..;)

That boost gauge setup looks mint. Cracking addition. No splitter needed fyi.

Thanks squire. I think you're right re the front. Maybe just a slight drop in ride height needed instead.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
For how cheap i'd have to let it go, I'm not going to get anything "better" without spending money I don't want too.

Thats exactly what I'm like at the moment. I could maybe push for £3.5k but in the last 10 months owner ship I already have £3k in receipts for parts I've bought not even including the car. So yeah I could buy something that already handles and has a nicer interior but then I'd need to get that mapped and whatever other mods I would know doubts do until I was happy and my pockets just aren't deep enough and I'm not willing to either. For now it can stay and i'll enjoy the noise it makes.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I did have it advertised as you know.

You already have one though don't you? haha! They look great in Phantom black.

I can't believe how good they look in Black! Wheels are the only difference aswell. Estimate one last week. Think it was on Eibachs. Sat so well!

Jealous.

Ah I'm with you! How you getting on with your QS matey? Mapped yet? ;)

Not yet, i've only fitted an Xcarlink for my iPhone and the red reverse light vinyl so far.

I have been collecting parts though, so far i've got a P-Flo Kit, SFS TIP, Forge Diverter Valve and my QS plaque. Going to look into fitting them and getting it mapped once the Clio is MOT'd and sold.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Not yet, i've only fitted an Xcarlink for my iPhone and the red reverse light vinyl so far.

I have been collecting parts though, so far i've got a P-Flo Kit, SFS TIP, Forge Diverter Valve and my QS plaque. Going to look into fitting them and getting it mapped once the Clio is MOT'd and sold.

Nice. The tip and filter will make a huge difference once mapped. I found my car runs better on the standard recirc though.

Ah the old Plaque. What does yours look like? I was tempted. Mines number 593. Have you got a thread on the TT forum?

Love this car. The QS wheels are my favourite wheels ever.

Cheers mate. They are great looking oem wheels. Find some for the '32

Nice. The tip and filter will make a huge difference once mapped. I found my car runs better on the standard recirc though.

Ah the old Plaque. What does yours look like? I was tempted. Mines number 593. Have you got a thread on the TT forum?

No haven't started a thread yet, i will do when there's some progress.

I've not even got around to fitting the plaque yet.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Which plaque did you go for though? The one for the glovebox or the Anniversary golf style one?

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5

That's my plan mate. Also wanting to put the Anniversary headliner in (black).

The standard recirc made a phhhoooooooooossh noise on full boost on mine. Changed back to the Forge one and no noise.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
That's my plan mate. Also wanting to put the Anniversary headliner in (black).

I thought R32's had this as standard. Hated the cream headlining in the Bora.

The standard recirc made a phhhoooooooooossh noise on full boost on mine. Changed back to the Forge one and no noise.

When you dumped? Mine makes a noise but quieter than the Forge.

This weekend I gave her a good clean and managed to get the inlet manifold back to silver rather than oily black. Still got a lot more work to do under there but looking much better..I need a little wire tooth brush really so i'll get one ordered.

14761671812_7c089cfd3c_c.jpg
IMG_20140726_111453 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

14762000025_0b500ee0ea_c.jpg
IMG_20140726_111441 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

Went to combe to watch some sprints going on and bored the mrs. Little pic sat on Quarry -

14758809291_c6073d8227_c.jpg
IMG_20140726_155845 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

And a little black and White combe shot

14575355039_5ca6bf1505_c.jpg
IMG_20140726_194958 by tomwh1te, on Flickr

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice

Looks great still! Only ever seen 1 of these locally. Not many around.

Thanks gents. Yeah they are rare. Havent seen another in ages! Seems to be going on top form as well at the moment. Went for a drive with a mate in his 300bhp focus ST on the weekend. The TT was quicker in just about every scenario. Only marginal on the straights but I could "leave" him when in front. Made me have more love for it..Mine just didn't sound as cool or pop flames. :(

Looks great!

Thanks mate. :)

Fiesta ST Stage 3
What is the power of the car again

Alan

Thanks gents. Yeah they are rare. Havent seen another in ages! Seems to be going on top form as well at the moment. Went for a drive with a mate in his 300bhp focus ST on the weekend. The TT was quicker in just about every scenario. Only marginal on the straights but I could "leave" him when in front. Made me have more love for it..Mine just didn't sound as cool or pop flames. :(

Thanks mate. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get an exhaust fitted Tom? Still lacking that characterful noise? The ST is an awesome 5pot to start with though, they always respond well!

Definitely needs the splitter. :)

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Did you get an exhaust fitted Tom? Still lacking that characterful noise? The ST is an awesome 5pot to start with though, they always respond well!

Definitely needs the splitter. :)

Nope, still like a sowing machine. Well, I've had the centre box out. But S/S will be coming soon. I've decided i'm keeping it so next up, suspension, FMIC and exhaust. FMIC can wait though. Exhaust and suspension first.

No, TomSx only when WOT. It makes a leaking/blowing sound that's quite a low pitch, suggesting a large opening rather than small hose leak. Changed back to the 007p and it's gone. Thank God. I thought something was going on with gears as it did it around the same revs in all gears (4k i.e. when it's really starting to spin up).