ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My stupid question for today :P

Clio Trophy
So then, next year im going to get my spare rims refurb'd, now what im wondering is, whats the difference between getting some thing powder coated or getting something wet paint sprayed? ie price? quality of finish? ect

thanks

haimsey

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172
Powder coating will be more hard wearing. We wet sprayed a set of wheels (white), after a while the paint started to fade and crack
PC'ing can be done for as little as £25 per wheel, depends on the company though

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Powdercoating IIRC is more durable, lasts longer. Think it leaves a better finish too and is cheaper than getting them painted. I've heard of some places doing a PC for £20 a wheel, but some charge more. Depends on your area etc.

JP83

South Central-Oxfordshire
ClioSport Area Rep
So then, next year im going to get my spare rims refurb'd, now what im wondering is, whats the difference between getting some thing powder coated or getting something wet paint sprayed? ie price? quality of finish? ect

thanks
Mikey - City Powdercoating in Brum do a good job, and they're only £20 a wheel. If it's got a tyre on, then they'll charge a tenner to remove it (and possibly refit it, but don't quote me on that).
They're notoriously difficult to get hold of by phone, so if you can pop up there, someone is usually there on a Saturday morning. They're tucked down the back of an industrial estate, but are very good. Will even take out kerbing marks too as long as they're not horrendous.

https://plus.google.com/112908144665106652646/about?gl=uk&hl=en