ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Silver Clio never looks really clean

RRover Sport HST, clio 19
A bit of advice is needed please.

My GF has a Silver 172 FF and whenever I wash, polish and seal it, always using Autoglym stuff, it never looks really that shiny. I have tried loads of waxes to finish it off, but it still never looks that sparkling.

What does everyone else use to get that 'wet look' shine...

Cheers guys

106 GTi
What waxes have you used ontop of the Autoglym so far?

I use use AG SRP, EGP and P21s or Optimum Car Wax on my Silver 306.

Poorboys Nattys Blue and Megs 16 also look decent on it.

You will never get the same depth on Silver as you will on darker colour die to it reflecting the light so much rather than absorbing it .

RRover Sport HST, clio 19
I havent really used anything 'special', just the normal stuff you get in Halfords. I know its probably not the best, so I may try P21 as everyone raves about on here. Having said that, if the Silver will never look as deep as your Black 182, I probably wont bother...I just want it to look cleaner.

The paint work on the car is really good and clean, its never been in a car wash and is washed by hand regularly.

106 GTi
You should like P21s on Silver adds a nice look, if you want something that lasts a little longer go for the Meguiars 16.

A number of clios
i have a silver clio i used the autoglym range shines like a minta you cant be doing it right lol :rasp:

106 GTi
You will always get that little bit of extra look, using a decent carnuba wax over the Super Resin and Extra Gloss.

i used NXT spray wax by Meguiars, probs a s**t wax, but seemed to bring out the shine pretty well when combined with AG Shampoo and Conditioner and Super Resin Polish...

Titanium 182 full fa
I use AG SRP+AG EGPx2+P21s wax and mine come up great, OCW as a top up after washes, I think alot of it is down to paint prep before putting these products on. Am looking at trying Zymol HD Cleanse soon with P21s but also would like a Zymol wax to try but undecided which one to buy??

106 GTi
The above rountine is the way I play things on my 306. Though have been using Duragloss Aquawax some weeks to speed the process up.

Zymol wise I have Carbon, Titanium and Concours. They do look good, but my preference just for ease of use is swaying to the Swissvax products of which I have an equilient for each of the abobe to. Onyx, Saphir and Best of Show.

The Swissvax Cleaner fluid is easier to use than the Zymol HD Cleanse and the waxes all come in a touch cheaper and are easier on and off.

Which one to go for all depends on what you want to spend.

Mito Sportiva 135
Let us not forget though that no matter what you do, the Renault orange peel will always ruin things...:mad: :rolleyes:

Mito Sportiva 135
I am quite tempted to keep my car and, assuming I become a millionare in the next few years (quite hard as going back to uni next year...) completely gut the seats, fit it with some recaros, and have a total respray in either crystal black (VW black as used on the GTi) or the black Porsche use (can't remember name) or else a nice metallic white.

As I say though, this hinges on me becoming rich... so will probably not happen for some time.

106 GTi
Do it - I am still on the look out for a cheap phase ugly, ideally with front end damage to buy, face lift front and rear aswell as dash, strip & cage and paint white.

corsa c exclusiv
think i will try P21s the next time i detail my car, usually just use the AG body conditioner, AG SRP and AG EGP, never waxed it before really. when applying polish etc by hand i just apply in circles and remove very slowly with the corner of my polishing pad, this the correct way to do it? always looks gleaming when im finished so i guess so?

Last edited:
  106 GTi
You can apply SRP in circles or straight lines. I work it in both ways. The EGP I apply in straight lines as it allows me to get a thinner more even coat.

For removal I just wipe them off with a soft microfiber cloth.

MINI Cooper S
AG SRP, AG EGP, then P21s... makes ur silver clio this shiney:

S7000207.JPG

:)

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
the above looks best i feel....i will give it a go on my silver 1.2. Think the colour is a pretty s**t silver though, much prefer the silver on the sports.

Mito Sportiva 135
the above looks best i feel....i will give it a go on my silver 1.2. Think the colour is a pretty s**t silver though, much prefer the silver on the sports.

Agreed, the silver used on 182s looks the nuts. I would get one in silver next time, really like it a lot with the contrast of the anthracite wheels.

RS Clio 200
i found a superb little trick with silver...
makes mine look fantastic...
use poorboys spray n wipe followed by clearkote quick shine. makes it fantastic...then layer on some wax, repeat the qd and wax again.

looks crrrrracking