ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my silver 182

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
thought id post some pics of my 182 of how she used to look when i bought her last year and how she looks now after the transformations

howshelooked.jpg

how she looked when i got her

backend.jpg

the standard exhaust stuck out a mile, dont know why but it wasnt staying on anyway:)

now she looks like this

030408131313.jpg

painted the renault badge black and also removed the fog lights and replaced them with air trumpets, also painted black. also added a carbon fibre splitter and the bonnet bra

030408131455.jpg

put a full stainless janspeed system on her along with a decat pipe

022408110743.jpg

had to do some cosmetics on the engine so painted the engine cover, inlets and fuel rail guard and added a pipercross induction kit. the car has also been lowered by 40mm on apex springs. next job is the wheels to painted black

comments welcome, i know what most people are going to say which is "take that bra off" but i like it so :rasp:

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
looks good rich, what type of paint did you use on the inlets/fuel rail guard?

wont that pipercross suffer from massive heat soak?

/carl

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
just used a heat resistant mat black paint on the inlets, i find it actually keeps the heat away and the engine only gets hot after u've switched it off barron

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
Like the zorst, how loud is it. Love the bra, but then what do I know. Must put mine back on!!!!

its pretty loud especially with the decat on. i really like the bra too ive just had sum people telling me to get it off but its staying :)

Strange how far that exhaust stuck out originally!
New exhaust is much tider!

What are your thoughts on that induction kit? Any good?

14' Leon Cupra 280
Where are you thinking of getting the wheels painted?

p.s. it was my car you spotted with the front end off at Andy Harland in January, saw the thread few days ago lol!

Barron

ClioSport Club Member
  Turbo S,Exige,R5,182
rich, where did you buy that from btw? sure it aint had a rear end as the Renault Sport badge is incorrectly placed and with exhaust the way it was when you bought it?

/carl

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
Strange how far that exhaust stuck out originally!
New exhaust is much tider!

What are your thoughts on that induction kit? Any good?

the induction kit went on b4 the exhaust and just made a noise tbh, i only noticed a difference when the decat and zorst system went on, u feel it when it goes past the 5k revs

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
rich, where did you buy that from btw? sure it aint had a rear end as the Renault Sport badge is incorrectly placed and with exhaust the way it was when you bought it?

/carl

got it from evan's halshaw mate but it hasnt had a back end. i checked the car over before handed any money over or signed any paper work mate. when i took the exhaust off if was in 2 sections yet me and mark (batman) fitted a miltek to charlottes (batgirl_RB182) 182 and her standard was just 1 whole piece so i reckon my original prob had been changed at some point and not fitted correctly.

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
Where are you thinking of getting the wheels painted?

p.s. it was my car you spotted with the front end off at Andy Harland in January, saw the thread few days ago lol!

oh right, took a while to reply to that lol. what was up with it? had most of the front end off. dont know were im gonna get wheels done. apprently there's somewhere in stokton that does it unless u know of any mate

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I was just going to say the front end looks to busy with the bra.

Nice car all the same

14' Leon Cupra 280
Car was having the alternator changed, but also replaced 1 of the washer jets at the same time as it was leaking. :( On the way back to collect it saw a silver 182, had been in for work as one of the canopies halfords use when fitting stuff blew off in the wind and smacked into his car.

I did some web/print work for a company recently which did them, ill try and find them for you.

Not my cuppa. To many shiny black bits. Standard Stealth ftw.

Must resist taking the piss about the bra.... must resist!!

TTRS & V50
not really a fan of any of those mods, if you having a black badges surely the back badges need the same sort of mod. air trumpets look cheap shite to be honest. and bra doesnt really go well with the car as it isnt euro themed. at least you've lowered it a bit.

Astra VXD xp with DTUK
i knew the car was neva gonna be everyone's cup of tea. ive already had comments over the bra on previous threads. i think it will look better once the wheels are painted black :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Nah bras are w**k, just dont get the 'look' that it achieves tbh