ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My S3

TTRS & V50
Thought I'd start a thread for my S3.

Might not be much progress as I'm not going down the highly modified route.

Have been looking for an S3 or R32 for around 6 months, my previous car was a VW Golf Gti Edition30 which was mapped to 300+ BHP, perfect car, and pulled very well, mileage was at 103k so thought it was time to move on and ideally I wanted AWD.

DSC_0002_zps2b16fcf7.jpg

Looked at many S3's and R32's. Was looking for face-lift only S3 and nav and buckets in either would be a bonus. Most were dogs and I walked away, even though their adverts looked perfect. Maybe I was too picky.

Anyway, managed to find the below from @RonS3 on here (AS) after a cheeky bit of detective work as it wasn't officially for sale. Made the trip up to view and all was well and stacked up. Always easier buying a car from the first owner. Agreed a figure in the week and collected the following weekend. Perfect car purchase experience and a really nice chap to boot !

Spec is winter pack* (auto lights, auto dimming mirror etc), buckets (bonus), MFSW, privacy glass (really dislike tints but wasn't going to jeopardise the sale over it), ipod connectivity and black optics grille. I think that's it.

Plans are to get some bits that I found while buying the car sorted first. So that's the all important cambelt, waterpump, HPFP follower sorted. Was also due brakes as they were still on the originals and a new fuel cap as the rubber had perished and split.

Then in the not too distant future would like to put it on coilovers or springs, not decided yet and finally a cheeky trip to REVO.

Comparisons to the ED30, well it's a nicer place to be in the S3, especially with the buckets, but miss some gadgets like C/C, nav and rear parking sensors. The ED30 had every optional extra which was nice and some R32 brakes which seem loads better than the current S3 brakes, however I thought they were the same.. I'm putting it down to they are wearing thin, so will hold judgment until the new ones are bedded in. Power wise, ED30 was quite a bit quicker in a straight lines, but I'm much more confident in the corners with the quattro. Fuel economy is around 28MPG in the S3 but around 32MPG in the mapped ED. Another reason to go to REVO soon.

Enough of the story, heres some pictures are a spruce up.

DSC_0032_zpsumsvcdk5.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsxwicxvdn.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsfbkmwsan.jpg

DSC_0034_zpszuhkkifb.jpg

DSC_0003_zpszorurf8b.jpg

DSC_0005_zpsaclnsxy2.jpg

DSC_0031_zpsfvjgw0cp.jpg

DSC_0022_zpsroimy3ph.jpg

DSC_0046_zps1pez9dhd.jpg

DSC_0037_zpssdetgfnv.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Quite a few S3's popping up on the forum now. That's lovely.

MY11's would look good with dark paint.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
The back right one looks MY11. The left one not so. Could just be my eyes! lol

Looking at the pictures again, you could be right. Always hard to tell in photos, I just assumed with it being an 09 plate it had the MY09's.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
That looks lovely, I just can't get on with how long they look from the side angle.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
CK's do look great on them. 19's do look a little large on them. I'm not sure whether to keep the 19's on mine.

Like that a lot. Adore the buckets! Wish mine had those.

Mines got 2 tone leather which I like, but its not a patch on the buckets!
c7fc18f65be6a08927fac9fa12e0461f.jpg

Has nav fitted though so swings and roundabouts.

Looks mean in black. [emoji41]

Yeah. Cks are lovely. I prefer 18s on them.
Mine has the same wheels as yours. What's the mileage?

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Still on the BBS'?

I personally think 18's on 3dr's are perfect but sometimes look a little lost on Sportbacks.
Yes mate. Struggling to find anything I like. Should have bought the pescara's when I had chance.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I feel like you've made a decent upgrade there.
Lovely car and the seats are a bonus.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I actually prefer the look of the Golf tbh, although understand that they never did a haldex 2.0 turbo which limits your options.
Personally, id have to fit 19" BBS CK's and coilovers the day i bought one for its dullness to not upset me
You already know it's all about turini's on them..
37.jpg

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
I actually prefer the look of the Golf tbh, although understand that they never did a haldex 2.0 turbo which limits your options.
Personally, id have to fit 19" BBS CK's and coilovers the day i bought one for its dullness to not upset me.
6369547035_cd687e7c35_b.jpg
Isn't the Golf R a Haldex equipped 2.0 Turbo ?

JON FOZ

ClioSport Club Member
  EVO 6
It was available in a MK6 but not sure the value on those.
Cheap as chips to lease the new ones though ;)

LY 182
Another S3 owner! Looks very nice, i do love the facelift! The recaros really do make or break the S3 for me, it is very boring in standard form compared to what my clio was in my eyes,

Mines a 2007 but ive fitted 18" VMR wheels, retro fitted recaros, full alacantara/blue leather interior, MY11 rear lights, R8 oil and coolant cap, intake kit, cobra exhaust, boost gauge and APR stage 1 map ive only owned the car since march haha!
06e7227e867addf50347cc5d7277b4f0.jpg

8f924627480146723babbcacabeaa4c7.jpg

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very very nice mate. I wanted the buckets but got fed up with waiting and I also wanted Sprint Blue and no other colour so ended up buying my S3 (pre-face lift) last year and it's been great. One owner from new, FASH and in immaculate condition. Every time I've taken it to Audi they always comment on it's condition etc. Had the 182 alongside it and I feel I have the best of both worlds, driving them each every other day. It makes for a nice change and the characters and dynamics of each car are so different.

The S3 is very good at going very quick in a very relaxed way.. It's already got me a speeding ticket, it's just effortlessly fast. The Clio (as we all know) needs to be really worked but that's part of the fun.

Looks very very nice mate. I wanted the buckets but got fed up with waiting and I also wanted Sprint Blue and no other colour so ended up buying my S3 (pre-face lift) last year and it's been great. One owner from new, FASH and in immaculate condition. Every time I've taken it to Audi they always comment on it's condition etc. Had the 182 alongside it and I feel I have the best of both worlds, driving them each every other day. It makes for a nice change and the characters and dynamics of each car are so different.

The S3 is very good at going very quick in a very relaxed way.. It's already got me a speeding ticket, it's just effortlessly fast. The Clio (as we all know) needs to be really worked but that's part of the fun.
Couldn't agree more! Only had mine a few months
How do you find the cobra exhaust Seymour. Looking to get an exhaust for ours.
ddec87c19adb7837ad2ddb30166a1d7b.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1435868161634.jpeg
    uploadfromtaptalk1435868161634.jpeg
    595.2 KB · Views: 58
  An orange one
Those seats, although stunning, look massive! Can't believe how deep the side parts are, they look about a foot thick lol

TTRS & V50
Thanks all, really happy with it, although I knew I would be as I've wanted one for so long.

Quite a few S3's popping up on the forum now. That's lovely.

MY11's would look good with dark paint.

After looking I definitely won't be changing, literally cannot see the difference between MY09 and MY11, so would rather spend my money on the house or towards suspension.

Like S3's a lot, more so the Face-Lift's, they seem really appealing as a package.

Face lift is definitely the one to go for IMO. It commands a 1.5k + premium, but it's worth that.

Personally, id have to fit 19" BBS CK's and coilovers the day i bought one for its dullness to not upset me.

I do like the look of the Golf, probably on parr tbh. Certainly not going large on alloys.

CK's do look great on them. 19's do look a little large on them. I'm not sure whether to keep the 19's on mine.

I've always been a smaller alloy person, on my 172 I prefered 15" F1's and never liked the 16's. I'll keep the standard alloys for now.

Like that a lot. Adore the buckets! Wish mine had those.

Mines got 2 tone leather which I like, but its not a patch on the buckets!

Has nav fitted though so swings and roundabouts.

Looks mean in black. [emoji41]

Yeah. Cks are lovely. I prefer 18s on them.
Mine has the same wheels as yours. What's the mileage?

Buckets are certainly adorable. I did actually buy a Silver S3 with nav and standard seats but the sale of my Golf fell through so he couldn't hold the car for me. Mileage is 55k.

I feel like you've made a decent upgrade there.
Lovely car and the seats are a bonus.

Hmmm, yes and no, the only reason I say no is because of the spec against my fully specced ED30. But yes, seats are a bonus.

It was available in a MK6 but not sure the value on those.
Cheap as chips to lease the new ones though :wink:

I did actually want a MK6 Golf R last year, but the second hand prices are crazy, I then wanted a lease deal on a MK7 Golf R, but couldn't tie myself down as wanted to travel.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
After looking I definitely won't be changing, literally cannot see the difference between MY09 and MY11, so would rather spend my money on the house or towards suspension.

You need to look harder then haha, MY11's are darker and look loads better on darker cars. If you buy them brand new, they aren't cheap for what they are so putting money into something elsewhere isn't bad idea.

LY 182
Couldn't agree more! Only had mine a few months
How do you find the cobra exhaust Seymour. Looking to get an exhaust for ours.
ddec87c19adb7837ad2ddb30166a1d7b.jpg

The cobra exhaust is a very nice piece of kit, and alot cheaper than miltek etc. luckily i found a bargain on ebay it was only a few months old, i paid £500 for the full system thats turbo back with a decat and non resonated center section, so the only silencer is the backbox.
Im amazed at how quiet it still it on motorways it really is no louder than the standard exhaust unless you plant your foot, and if you keep the revs low around town its also very quiet, saying that it might be loud for some people, but im coming from a 182 with a decat non res scorpion that used to pop bang and breath fire! And a ktec induction kit which made alot of noise. Ill try and attach a vid of the cobra so anyone interested can have a listen.

43a6f14cc0b6f464251c7f9599264a9b.jpg

The cobra exhaust is a very nice piece of kit, and alot cheaper than miltek etc. luckily i found a bargain on ebay it was only a few months old, i paid £500 for the full system thats turbo back with a decat and non resonated center section, so the only silencer is the backbox.
Im amazed at how quiet it still it on motorways it really is no louder than the standard exhaust unless you plant your foot, and if you keep the revs low around town its also very quiet, saying that it might be loud for some people, but im coming from a 182 with a decat non res scorpion that used to pop bang and breath fire! And a ktec induction kit which made alot of noise. Ill try and attach a vid of the cobra so anyone interested can have a listen.

43a6f14cc0b6f464251c7f9599264a9b.jpg

Cheers mate. I'll look at videos later....

Sounds perfect to me, a 2nd hand bargain like that's what I'm hoping for too!

I'll keep my eye out on eBay. [emoji106]

TTRS & V50
Well, not updated this much.

What's happened:

Went to Midland VW and sorted cambelt, waterpump, HPFP follower as a priority last year. Booked in to do brakes all round too. Turns out Audi's 10% warning which they put on a year earlier was them trying to make cash, the tech at Midland VW said there is still loads of life left in the front brakes, but the rears were changed. So, to this date, the previous owner and I have done another 16k on top of 10% warning. Madness.

Keeping up with the FASH, I took the Audi service difference program up. £300 for a minor and major service, bargain. So got the full service done first minus brake fluid and panel filter as this on the 2 year cycle which turns out to be next service. Cannot believe a panel filter is not in a major service, but hey. Also got the haldex oil changed too.

All serviced up I just enjoyed it.

Wanted to coilover it, but debating whether to sell up, also wanted to go stage 1 too and compare to the Edition, but that would mean changing the clutch and flywheel, so an expensive remap essentially, so have not done that either.

Couple of crap pictures from my phone:

2015-09-24-10.38.06_zpsbs1zv0ca.jpg

2015-09-24-10.37.45_zpshh8h4na9.jpg

2015-09-24-10.37.53_zpsqaon03ts.jpg

2015-10-07-18.25.05-1_zps1bp1lulp.jpg

One final one that I didn't upload before, but love the interior cabin of these, such a nice place to be, and hasn't aged at all.

DSC_0023_zpsall1seh4.jpg

I test drove the Seat Cupra 280 for an extensive test drive recently; ~150 miles. I was shocked that it's a near 30k, wasn't impressed and was happy to get back in an 7 year old S3. Really want a Golf 7R, but too pricey at the moment as I am a depreciation-centric and shudder at the thought. Not sure what to do at the moment.

TTRS & V50
Looks like I don't update this much.

Selling up and have had a nightmare, not had one viewer... really odd market at the moment, had it on AT, eBay, Gumtree, forums and still not one person come and view it. My friend also has his up for sale at a lower spec and has had nothing either. Oh well.

Update wise, it's been for its final service for the Audi Difference program, very good value for money if you ask me. Fitted to new Goodyear Eagle F1's and that's about it.
Just need to get rid now as piling on mileage, think it must have had 6k in 2 months put on it.

I did buy a MK1 TT as a stop back a few months ago but coincidently to me buying it my GF's car failed it's MOT and has gone to the scrapper after 6 long years of ownership and she hasn't sourced a new one yet.

Enough rabble, he's some latest pictures.
DSC_0291_zps5g5y5wzv.jpg

DSC_0292_zpsjxewzxdd.jpg

DSC_0293_zpsdgkqthlt.jpg

DSC_0308_zpsvpqwrwhi.jpg

DSC_0282_zpsqxwchnzd.jpg

DSC_0287_zpspaurzxbx.jpg

DSC_0289_zpsimvlzamw.jpg