ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Rolling Road Results

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Well put the car on the rollers today happy with the results only thing was i asked him to wait a bit longer for the car to heat up more but said he had other cars right after me. i felt the rev could have been higher.....let me know what you think.

scan0001.jpg

378bhp Leon Cupra R
itg panel filter,milltek cat back & remap

hopefully get to the scottish rolling road day so i can compare only had exhaust & remap done in the last 2 days.

Last edited:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
148 @ the wheels
191 @ the fly.... that cant be right

I made 184bhp at the fly & that was some thing like 151bhp @ the wheels

Those results look f**king good :)

What remap do you have ? ;)

Whats the going rate for a couple of power runs on a RR anyway ?

About 50 quid ?

I fancy getting my 172 on one to see what its pushing out with my stealth stainless exhaust c/w decat, Itg with uprated feed and Grp N Remap. (Soon to be matched inlets and a remap again):)

And i'm not meaning to be a knob but doesn't 191bhp seem a bit high for just those mods ?

I mean theres no decat, or is it just a good car with luckily more power than many others to start with ?

Last edited:
  Golf
Those results look good :)

What remap do you have ? ;)

Whats the going rate for a couple of power runs on a RR anyway ?

About 50 quid ?

I fancy getting my 172 on one to see if it is a 172, or sorry a Clio 168 (168bhp ish) which i heard there meant to be.

My standard 172 only made 165 lol

378bhp Leon Cupra R
GRRRR!!! i took it to a good dyno....paid the money....seen it done....got this print out!!!! i,m no f**kin dyno technician

Golf
Panel filter and a custom cat back system but ave never bothered putting it back on a dyno, dont really believe in them :)

Panel filter and a custom cat back system but ave never bothered putting it back on a dyno, dont really believe in them :)

I see.

Do you not beleive them because you pushed our 165bhp ?
Or is it just a personal thing ?

Calm down!!!

We're just pointing out that;

a) you have a good genuine ATW figure
b) in reality that's probably putting your flywheel power in the mid-to-late 170s.

How is this worked out any way ?

The power at wheels figure ?

Does it take into account transmission loss etc from flywheel power figure ?

And is it all calculated out by the dyno machine or does the operator do it in his head or with calculator ? (sorry if this sounds silly)

378bhp Leon Cupra R
well when he started to let the car roll out i saw it on the screen saying 191.7bhp so could the power @ atw be calculated low??? just wondering

damn wish i had didn,t bother starting this thread now.......this will make me take it too another RR

Golf
Just a personal thing D1CKY, about 3 weeks after me first run a went back on to make up numbers for a local RR day. Same dyno etc and it made 159.9, lost over 5bhp. Been told since that loads of things can affect a RR result, tyre pressure, engine temp etc

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
The TRUE reading is record at the wheels then depending if your car is FWD, RWD, 4WD they work out "roughly" how much trasmission loss.. belive FWD is around 18% not sure though

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
Flywheel measurements are bullshit

All measurements should be taken from the wheels. Its just the standard method is from the fly. God knows why it ever went down this route.

The power is calulated from the wheels which is great. But how on earth does the rolling road know if the car has a good gearbox on it?!?!?!?!! It doesnt.

So its never accurate.

Lionel Richie
which part of the car is being measured on a rolling road?? the wheel power

power at the fly is a calculation

Renault Clio 172 Ph2
power at the fly is a calculation

thats the problem with it. with these companies who offer these services, they cannot offer an accurate calculation.

One car can have an amazing gearbox with 200hp at the wheels
one car can have an awful gearbox with 200hp at the wheels

the one with the awful gearbox in the above cases has more power at the fly, but is loosing more before the wheels.

the flywheel figure on that sheet will be the same. i assume.

Lionel Richie
its been discussed loads of times, tyre pressures and wheel size can give different results, what oil is in the box, how hot is the oil in the box etc etc

ITB'd MK1
some rollers can do run down measurements for transmission losses, they're not exact but pretty close mostly. Increased tyre pressures would have given a greater measured loss, so if they pumped your tyres up before the run, that would explain the high flywheel figure.

And to be honest, dont obsess about a few hp here and there, a chassis dyno is a tool for preparation of a car, there's margin for error when doing power runs. The wheel figure looks health, be happy with it :)

GRRRR!!! i took it to a good dyno....paid the money....seen it done....got this print out!!!! i,m no f**kin dyno technician

Good condition 172/182 looses between 14 and 18% through the box, drivetrain, engine ancils etc. etc.

Your 146bhp (which is a good figure BTW and probably about right, never can tell with a Dastek due to how it measures wheel torque) is somewhere between 166bhp and 172bhp, which isn't bad at all for the modifications you have - essentially its a standard engine making standard power and we all know they don't make standard power as standard.

It's well worth reading up on how rolling roads actually measure wheel torque (and therefore power) and how they calculate flywheel power from this. To give you some idea on RS Tunings Dyno Dynamics rolling road (which I like because they are never optimistic if used properly) my car on the run I can find made 155bhp wheel power and 182bhp flywheel power, bang on 18% losses which I'd expect to see for a pretty old gearbox with thick oil in it.

Cheers
M

to put it in perspective, you losses are estimated at 23% give or take

so as above, flywheel power is a calculated guess

378bhp Leon Cupra R
on the screen there was no sign of ATW bhp he said to me you have 191.7 at the flywheel we will calculate the ATW so could it be a wrong calculation in there part???

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Theres alot of different variations in getting a proper figure and not alot of places have that accurate set-up tbh

Room temp, Tyre Pressure, Fan placement, miles on the car etc

Im intrested to see what my car would make being nearly 8 years old but i fear it might be money wasted as alot (if not all) so many people are sceptical about accuracy of figures.

If the BHP figure is high that means the rollers are broken/inacurate

If the figure is low then your cars broken.

Cant win tbh!

if you want to figure out if your car is on the money then go along to a rr day with similar/identical cars, and compare those figures

172 Cup
on the screen there was no sign of ATW bhp he said to me you have 191.7 at the flywheel we will calculate the ATW so could it be a wrong calculation in there part???

RR's calculate the power at the wheel. Unless it was attached to the fly:p

over 190 for those mods is tard, 146 at wheels sounds right

378bhp Leon Cupra R
Right after all the response i contacted the guy that remapped my car and explained the response i got....so he phone his programmer whom is involved in the clio cup racers and the guy told me to call him....which i done and the guy was great what a anorack.....emailed him the graph and he phoned me back to say the reason my ATW power is down is because the IDIOTS at the rolling road forgot to turn the traction control off thats why the torque on the graph is up and down. and by doing it the traction eventually fails...then i thought to my self the lights on the dash where on when i left the RR and would switch on again until i drove for a few mins.
gonna phone the rolling road idiots tomorrow.
:evil:

there is a dip maybe, but i dont understand why you are upset about your at the wheel figures, they are very good!!!

there are loads of other thread on this site with the same issue!!!

i estimate your flywheel output to be around 183 which is very good, even taking into account your mods

the 1*2 is know not to make its quoted power