ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Roadtrip with a Difference

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Is it your family company? good read, lots of things people wouldn't generally consider.

Scottish plates and a kilted emblem I see too ;)

Yeah my parents own the company.

The truck was a cancelled order from Scotland hence the plates.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What an unusual thread for a hot hatch forum, good read though! I would have been totally stressed out trying to keep those pigs alive as well, 45degrees in that trailer can't have been fun.

9MPG though...no wonder people want to get haulage off the roads and onto trains.

9MPG average is good. A few years ago you were looking at 7mpg..

If you think my Z3M does 20mpg and weighs 1500kg with a 3.2 engine and 320bhp.

A truck will do 9mpg while weighing 44000kg with a 16 liter turbocharged V8 making 620bhp...

172 cup
Very good read I didnt expect that.
Did all the piggys make it to their destination/s ok?? You did a good job if so keeping them all alive.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
awesome, do they need extra licenses to run over europe/abroad etc? Also do you need any drivers ;)

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
great thread. my mate does truck driving, he has an ERF would love a V8 scanny.

cant believe the efforts involved and having to constantly think about keeping them alive!!

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
What is the reason for the animals needing to be transpoted so far? never imagined pigs in spain.

In the UK we have the best pigs for meat production. Due to our use of genetics. Spainish farmers buy them to improve thier own breeding stock.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
In the UK we have the best pigs for meat production. Due to our use of genetics. Spainish farmers buy them to improve thier own breeding stock.

Weird to think that at the time I wrote this, I had no idea that in 3 years time I'd be running the Genetics department of the company that those pigs were supplied from.

Crazy really.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Weird to think that at the time I wrote this, I had no idea that in 3 years time I'd be running the Genetics department of the company that those pigs were supplied from.

Crazy really.

lol proper mad!

Did you realise it was the same company when you first started working there?

Great write up btw!