ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Rev Counter is sh*te

TT 225

I cant understand why my rev counter - which I am assuming is connected via cable doesnt actually read the correct revs of the engine.

Clio starting to piss me off now. The fuel gauge sticks, the rev counter is way out, the oil level and temp gauges dont work either and to top it off the fookin light on my clock doesnt work.

Anyone shed any light on the rev counter problem? :(

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

possibly a sticking cable, stretched cable.. etc.. could be the sender unit also..

They told me mine was 200rpm out at the MOT..

Because mine was like, an aftermarket rev counter (they were dials from a 1998 S Clio, but I had to the rev counter converted so it was on its own circuit board) I had a pot/screw on it, which I just used a small screwdriver to adjust it - dont know if it exists on a standard unit?

Daz.

Spoken to Kel on MSN.. it reads ok at idle, its just at higher revs it starts to slow down and becomes inaccurate.

Daz.

Yep, we noticed it at RE that day didnt we Kel? The rev counter is not run from cable but from a wire. I think that wire goes to ignition coil cos thats where most aftermarket ones get there readings from.