ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My remap on my 197 strange,,,

Clio RS 200
Had my 197 remapped today and when the guys were doing it they informed me that I had a R26R ECU in it. STRANGE
The remap is great though so much more torque and power, didn't think it would be that much difference....:)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Had my 197 remapped today and when the guys were doing it they informed me that I had a R26R ECU in it. STRANGE
The remap is great though so much more torque and power, didn't think it would be that much difference....:)

Was it a custom map or a generic one?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Its the same iirc?

The standard ecu can run a Turbo......?

Yeah it is, the standard siemens unit can support boost etc. Point is, why point it out? Especially in such a manner that makes the OP think he is special or different and that they are surprised by it? Would concern me.

rps13
Meh, I got told by atspeed racing (highly recommended and experienced guys) that there was no way of anyone ever remapping a standard 172 ecu, and i'm damn sure there is.

Maybe they were just pointing out it's the same ecu as the r26, they might have mapped one.

BMW M135i
I'm almost 100% sure its a sagem in the meggy not a siemens. 197 may be the same though, the 1*2 is siemens.

Clio RS 200
Yeah it is, the standard siemens unit can support boost etc. Point is, why point it out? Especially in such a manner that makes the OP think he is special or different and that they are surprised by it? Would concern me.

May concern you but didn't me, as there were 2 197 being done and both different. He run the standard 197 map on the first and was fine then didn't work on mine and it was then he found that it was a different ECU ie R26R one and had the programme or what ever the remap is rewritten and worked fine. So maybe he did know what he was talking about. It great now so I'm happy and thats what counts I surpose.... I know the guy and why a mate would lie I don't know....

BMW M135i
Irrc its a siemens mate but i could be wrong deffo one of them :)
Just checked its Sagem S3000 management not the Siemens Sirius 34 like the 1*2. Didn't think it was the same, slightly more advanced I believe (or cheaper!).

Dooby

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Meh, I got told by atspeed racing (highly recommended and experienced guys) that there was no way of anyone ever remapping a standard 172 ecu, and i'm damn sure there is.

Maybe they were just pointing out it's the same ecu as the r26, they might have mapped one.

Wouldn't be atspeed in rayleigh by any chance ?