ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Red 1.2 Dynamique

Red 1.2 Dynamique
It's my first car, very nearly got a Corsa but now I'm glad I got the Clio!

How it looked when I got it (now)
j1A2vLOQ8zQhJ.jpg

A quick 'Car to do list' after browsing the forums to get ideas (your thoughts are welcome):

RS Grill
Carbon wrap front and rear diamonds
Carbon wrap door bullets
Spray 'Clio' badge on the back black
Carbon wrap interior dash strips
Refurb alloys
Paint alloys gloss black (maybe new alloys?)
Bee sting aerial
New passenger side air vent (it was broken when I bought the car)
Colour code door strips + door handles
Smaller front plate
Fabia Splitter
Clear indicator side light covers
And perhaps a Sport rear bumper
+ a good wash/polish

I'd like to get it looking like this one (I stole this pic off someone on here, can't remember who sorry!):
iXMEA2dCWicvY.jpg

Red 1.2 Dynamique
sounds good pal fair wee bit to do looking forward to seeing your progress ;)

First few pieces should be here in a couple of days, so I'll get pics up :)

Get it lowered too!

I might leave it a year before I get it lowered - I'm not sure how the insurance company would react if I phoned them up and told them I had lowered it 40/60mm lol

I'm sure that's the same colour as my old 1.4, where are you from?

Dont black the alloys!

The pictures don't do the colour justice, looks awesome in the flesh. And I live just outside Belfast :)

I'll maybe paint the alloys an anthracite colour? I really don't want to keep them the colour they are though!

Red 1.2 Dynamique
Bit of an update finally!:

First off sorry about the terrible quality photos. The iPhone is s**t at taking photos at night time, clearly.

The car was disgusting when I got it so I removed the front seats (awkward as hell) and the bottom part of the rear seats to give the carpet a good hoover and wash. It looked like something had died below the back seats but thankfully now it's nice and clean
jbsdSX4yY575pK.JPG

The first mod I got done was carbon wrapping the dash inserts and the hazard light panel thing.
jbpSDPwGhKX5XG.JPG

Still undecided if I like it or not, might get some red spray paint and make them all red and do the speedo frame.

I also managed to get myself some clear side repeaters
jbc0nGnLOMUO4R.JPG

And some chrome interior door handles :D They originally had the black frame, but I bought 2 new navy handles and swapped the chrome handle into the navy frame, so that it matched with the rest of my car as the black did look stupid
jL0QMBzQzTnwy.JPG

j181u1WJVDwQk.JPG

what the spare handles now look like
jn7VOVds4zf8O.JPG

The old stereo was s**t so I bought a new one and got that installed, also bought and installed a new gaiter for my gearstick as the clips on the old one were broke.
Old stereo
jyuUTQfpkXkrA.JPG

New one
j9Q3aXjm5tG4o.JPG

New stereo and gaiter installed
jKliY9bAStegF.JPG

jbpSDPwGhKX5XG.JPG

Picked myself up a new key cover as the old one was in horrible shape
jIlhijyekFBUA.JPG

I also bought some Primer/Satin Black/ Laquer to spray the front and rear diamonds along with the rear Clio badge and rear wiper shroud thing. Might also spray the bullets satin black and then colour code the side strips :p
jLTYhAlmA43P8.JPG

Masked it up with electrical tape hehe ready for spraying tomorrow
jIqW7qi9MvSyq.JPG

What the boot looks like overnight (as you can see the wiper shroud is in need of some attention)
jbdhi7bQyj1kju.JPG

Plans for tomorrow are spray front and back diamonds, Clio badge and bullets, install an engine mount, try and shine my lights up a bit with some Wet & Dry and polish and I'm also going to try and get my clock and stereo working correctly as it's all a bit messed up atm. Then depending on time a good wash and polish with my dad's machine polisher

I also have to install my ClipSport sticker ;) (no membership yet as I couldn't face spending another tenner at the minute :()

jbtPjWPP6cFXDU.JPG

I have an RS Grill in the post which will hopefully be here on Monday, along with a new 3/4 front license plate.

I'm hoping to find some OZ F1s for sale near me (Down, Northern Ireland), then get them refurb'd and sprayed gloss black and I'm also thinking about colour coding the side and getting a sport rear bumper. Then lower it ~30mm on Eibach Speedlines (depending on if my mum is willing to pay the extra insurance money as I'm still at school and only work part time for my dad :(). Might also try and find a frame for around the clock as one of the clips is broke on mine and it sticks out a bit (if anyone has one let me know! :))

Thx for reading