ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My rechargeable batteries are rubbish!

GW RS200
Bought some 7dayshop branded Nickel Metal Hydrides for my flash a few months ago. Thought these things could hold a charge for months, but mine barely hold it for days it feels like. Is this because I bought own brand? Anyone else had same/different experiences?

Check what batteries your flash takes best? Like NiHM or NiCd and what power, like 2000mAh or 2700mAh...? Not sure what it all means but my flash wanted 2500 upwards as far as I remember...

GW RS200
These I have here are 2500mAh. It's not so much a question of how they perform straight after charge (which is actually really well), but more how they don't hold it when dormant. When I pick up the flash to use a few days after a charge, they are flat as pancakes, and my photo opportunity has passed. Very annoying!

Rally bus
Did you charge them properly before the first use? Performance can suffer pretty badly if you don't.

They do eventually wear down and get less and less charge, I just replaced mine with some Duracell Plus that I got really cheap, these beauties last forever :D

GR7

Shiny red R32
These I have here are 2500mAh. It's not so much a question of how they perform straight after charge (which is actually really well), but more how they don't hold it when dormant. When I pick up the flash to use a few days after a charge, they are flat as pancakes, and my photo opportunity has passed. Very annoying!
Why don't you get some 2800 ones because they last a lot longer!
I use those... two in my small camera and four in my bigger one!