ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My RB 182- My Life Story lol

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Got my first clio sport a few weeks ago and im loving it :)

im 19 and have had 5 different cars as i didnt like them:

saxo vtr - crashed it
IMG_1807.jpg

saxo vts - was way to juicy and track ready so unusable on road :(
IMG_0379.jpg

pug 106 - was a minter, high grade everything- to slow
14022010207.jpg

fiesta zetec s- with a 1.7 puma engine. basically i thought it was s**t
02ceaf36.jpg

clio 1.8 16v- with a williams engine- parents had the hump.. apparently to unsafe ha
b05f5ab5.jpg

so now i have my 182 :)
cleaned it for about 4 hours on Saturday and decided to take some pics today.. its not so clean now ..

It has a few tasty mods:
Miltek unsilenced de-cat back
Ktr panel filter
Matched upper and lower inlets
KTR Re-map
K-TeC coilovers
Ktec solid top mounts
all engine mounts uprated
Brembo max disks
ferodo ds2500 pads
braided brake lines
xenon lights
leather and alcantara interior :)

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

Next plan is maybe Throttle bodies but haven't really got the money for an after market ecu :(

dont no why the pics have come out funny :S

535d / t5 caravelle
very nice, and good f**king collection of cars for a 19 year old, exept the fiesta and vtr maybe ;) what did the 182 cost you?

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
i brought the clio off davis88 off here i paid £5600 for it with 49k on the clocks. i have spend about 600 on it tho since then :(

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
my insurance is with admiral in my own name with my parents on , a 10 months bonus accelerator with a £900 crash claim and 1 years NCB and its £2300 fully comp with exhaust and coilovers declared and i live in a granny village lol..

TTRS & V50
Woah, expensive insurance.

And you picked a pretty perfect 182 from Davis88.

Where abouts do you live, midlands ?

ali-ham

ClioSport Club Member
  williams + 182's
very nice RB, looks mint!! wish i'd bought an RB now. nice spec so far!! valver looks the part too!!

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
It will be cherished !!
I didn't think it would be as good as it is on fuel. In averaging about 35.8 mpg with little drives to work and back. A bit of motorway and town driving I did 41.6 to a full tank. And in the way home from collecting the car I got 46.7 mpg :)
Feather foot :)

R26 F1
hello, nice lowered RB.

do you have some problems with rubbings on the front and rear on ktec coilovers ?

Fabia VRS
Thats a stunner

and i would have thought your insurance would be more than that tbh! (being 17 im just under 2k on a 1.2 !! )

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
I like a lot, what a difference a decent exhaust makes to the back of these!

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
Thanks alot for the nice comments people :).
I was paying 3000 on my Vts when I was 17.
The coilovers hardly rub except the front right wheel :-s. Think the shock might me on it's way out..

Been having a look at throttle bodies .. But I have seen good RR with standard ecu's.
For people that might be thinking daddy paid he hasn't.
My parents paid for 10 driving lessons for my 17th and all the rest has been paid by my £6 Mcdonalds wage :-(

Thats a stunner

and i would have thought your insurance would be more than that tbh! (being 17 im just under 2k on a 1.2 !! )

WTF... The most I've ever paid for insurance was £1150.. And that's on my 172 this year!

My previous 2 cars were like £450 for my punto, then £900 for my modified Clio 1.2.

Clio 182
How on earth can you afford all that working at maccy d's? You must have spent every penny you've earned on cars!
Thats dedication

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
How on earth can you afford all that working at maccy d's? You must have spent every penny you've earned on cars!
Thats dedication

well most of my money has come from buying and selling the above cars..
i made a profit on nearly all of them except the mk1 clio!
im not going to lie but i did borrow some money to buy my new car!
i got a good deal tho with borrowing it tho...

im leaving mcdonalds in starting work with my older brother he has a 10 year contract with kier group in london and kent doing house improvements, basically restoring everything after the skanks that sponge everything off the council move out!
im gunna be getting paid about a £100 a day so gunna spend a fair bit on the car hopefully :)
thanks for the comments people !

Clio 182
Fair play with keeping yourself in the green after buying and selling your previous cars. The 182 will soon change that, laugh out loud!

Clio 197
Really clean looking 182, shame you didn't like the Festa, 1.7 ZS's seem quite popular, no match for a car with 50+HP extra out of the box though!

Again, cannot understand how you can afford to buy, run and insure those cars and your only 19!? Im guessing no bills to pay, but nice 182.

Toms_clio

ClioSport Club Member
  TRACK CAR BREAKING
each month my out goings are about £350 for bills... i paid my insurance off in one..
its a pain in the arse tho .. next year in june i have insurance tax and mot at the same time :(
then im ment to be going on holiday in july :(

AUDI A5 s-sline
looks great mate, im holding out with my little 1.2 for another year for my no claims to come in before i get a 182 or 197 lol. :)