ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My project

clio 1.2
This is my little 1.2 project the car was given to me as a gift so all it stands me are the mods which ive done myself or paid to be done as its a 1.2 its slow what would be my options as in an engine conversion id be looking to do the breaks before i even think about an engine but any advice would be much appreciated
20160508_141254.jpg
20160508_141254.jpg
20160508_144232.jpg

TT QS
its a nice little run around especially as you were given it as a gift!

the mods aren't my taste but as long as your happy that's all that matters

don't waste your money saving for an engine conversion. its more hard work than its worth. save it and get a faster car (Clio or not)
that's coming from someone who had every intention of doing it to his 1.4 but went out and got a 182 instead.

clio 1.2
Thanks for your advice yeah ive heard that it may be better off to just get a faster car , this may sound like a silly question but how do you change the gearknob this is my first lift reverse thanks in advance

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
As above, by the time you've got an engine, converted it and insured it as a 1.2 with a 2.0 engine the price would offset buying a 172. Can pick some up for £500 if you look for a while!

330i. E30 Touring.
Next mod you need is a set of Ph1 172 projector headlights.

Freshens up the front end lots IMO:

Clio1.jpg

TT QS
Thanks for your advice yeah ive heard that it may be better off to just get a faster car , this may sound like a silly question but how do you change the gearknob this is my first lift reverse thanks in advance

you will mate. im glad i went that route. i dont regret the rb one little bit. especially not on a sunny day like today.

as for the gear knob. cutting the bugger off is the only way