ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My PH1 in Pearl Black

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Having just sold the most fantastic cup ever via this forum to move abroad, I hated living in Russia so decided to come back!

Of course, I am wounded because I really loved my 172 Cup so I decided to hunt around for something different....

At first I was adament on a Racing Blue 182, but a nice little PH1 caught my eye and it was local too so I went to have a look.

After securing a good price on her, I brought her home for a bit of wash (pics below)

Spec as follows:

93,000 miles
Full MOT
Service history
Cambelt done at 77k
2 previous owners (Both middle aged)
Completely standard
In car DVD player 7" screen as a spare stereo

So far the only 'problem' I have got other than the nailed steering wheel is a sticky idle on the throttle at 2k revs. I have read the guides on here and after cleaning the body and spring it has made no difference. I am going for the 'ghetto fix' until I can source a second hand body with spring mechanism and plastic cable stop.

She drives very well having sat in a garage for the last 12 months, but to be sure I have just ordered oil and filter from OPIE so will do that this week.

Let me know what you think guys:

Think I will get some PH2 rear lights on and maybe some Eibach sportlines.

Cheers

a5d7ecba.jpg

5231d885.jpg

d10fded3.jpg

Last edited:
  Golf GT TDI
that looks funky fresh, nice to see an original phase 1 thats not been messed around with.

phase 2 lights look shite on phase 1s imo

:D

Clio 172 exclusive
Very nice! i maybe after some PH1 rear lights soon,mine got smoked lexus style! swap? im in Tamworth area so could meet! hope to pick up my car sometime this week! garage lost the dam keys????:mad:
PM Me if u fancy it? will post pics as soon as i get the car!:dapprove:
Lee

BG 182 FF
Looks very nice the couple of mods you have planned will make I look very tidy, really like ph1's in black.

Maybe a 172 Cup..
Very nice mate, I'd be keeping it as original to the naked eye as possible(obviously including the drop in stance)

How much did she set you back??

audi a6 3.0tdi
Out of curiosity what did you pay? pm if you don't want to put it up on here its just i'm putting my black ph1 up for sale and want an idea of what people are paying for them.

RS Twingo 133
Very nice indeed!

I'd guess at £1,700, give or take 50p.

I like the phase 2 rear lights but there is something about the standard lights that looks right, the whole car just looks right. I'd leave it alone for a while..

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
^^^what he said, tbh it's alot of car for the money. I hear what you are all saying on the lights. May just be a case of seeing what they look like. Small things to update the car are sometimes subtle enough... TBC - I'll compare the drive to other RS models I've had tomorrow

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice! i maybe after some PH1 rear lights soon,mine got smoked lexus style! swap? im in Tamworth area so could meet! hope to pick up my car sometime this week! garage lost the dam keys????:mad:
PM Me if u fancy it? will post pics as soon as i get the car!:dapprove:
Lee

if they were standard I would have but thanks anyway. I'll probably buy some as extra incase they don't look right.

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
Today I fixed the throttle body spring and fitted some HID lights - much improved look and visibilty:

cd97076d.jpg

afde1d98.jpg

Next up oil change and some wax lovin' when the snow stops.

RB FF 182
When I get my steering sorted we'll have to have a play! I'm off for two weeks from Monday, new job starts on the 15th so we'll have to meet up a few times!

RS Twingo 133
We need to do a mini meet with mine, yours and Mister Gs. Could get some nice pics then of a phase 1, 2 and 3

Pumba

ClioSport Club Member
More pics in the fine weather!

866271a1.jpg

Note stone chips on bonnet:
d0c4c6d2.jpg

e1e42caf.jpg

9ae243dd.jpg

5af040d2.jpg

I really should get a proper camera and not keep taking pics with my phone. Really doesnt do it justice here ...