ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my ph1 flamer 172............new bits arrived/fitted

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
bought this in december of a fellow member on here after selling my impreza, wanted something cheaper to run but still be fun, and im loving the clio. the previous owner had just fitted new 172 cup shocks from renault along with eibach sportline springs so it handled superbly, since then iv recently fitted a whiteline rear arb which really has improved the handling another notch, i fitted a k&n filter in the original airbox and my matched inlet manifold arrived today which is to be fitted along with a new ktec cat back supersport stealth system. anyway heres a few pics, not the best of the car just parked on the drive but u get the idea..................

DSCN0385.jpg

DSCN0384.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0382.jpg

DSCN0381.jpg

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0379.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

DSCN0386.jpg

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
cheers yeah i like it, rare colour, scrubs up well. not had a chance to polish her yet but will as soon as the weather gets a bit better.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Lovely motor, a little bit lower, headlights polished up so they're not foggy and front wheels spaced... it'd be epic.

cheers, yeah iv been looking at threads on fixing the headlights, its on the to do list, is low enough for me and the roads around here and it would involve getting coilovers so wont be any lower, not looked into the front wheels spaced though? any pics to show the difference?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
This last picture here:

DSCN0386.jpg

See how much of the inner arch is visible, some 20mm or so hubcentric spacers sort that right out.

I've not current got the standard wheels fitted, but when I put them back on, it'll be the first thing I do.

It really improves the look of the car, not to mention widening the front track.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
similar to the williams widetrack then. ill look into it. cheers.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Tried to PM you mate but you were full up! That'll be fine to meet there, between 2 and half 2 suits better. PM you mobile and I'll send you number just in case.

Cheers
John

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
got hold of the colour coded door handles, waiting to fit them. also looking at 20mm spacers for the front. still to get the inlet and exhaust fitted too!! will get some more pics up when/during fitting.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
oh iv also been quoted £35 by a local detailer to de glaze the headlights, not sure if i fancy doing it myself tbh.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks nice that :)

Dont bother with spacing, perfect as it is imo. I've had spacers on the 197, took em off after 2 days, screwed it up imo.

Clio Sport 172 Ph1
just thought i'd say that i had the yellow front light problem, i used 2000 wet and dry on the lights then hit them with a bit of G10 to polish out the marks then used a finer polish to finish... the headlights look like new and probably took about an hour each light but well worth it!!!

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
Never seen this thread before! Looks awesome :) ive got the k-tec supersports stealth too. Sounds awesome!

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Will get more pics up soon, fitted colour coded door handles, de glazed the headlights, pure motorsport solid top mounts, oil and filter change, picked up a mint alloy bonnet off here for a bargain 45 pounds which I need to get painted it's still in my hut, fitted braided hoses all round, think that's about it. Not sure what to do next, toyed with selling.....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got some nice flame red ph2 side strips for sale that would look good on that....

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
yeah saw some for sale but after looking at some pics of other flamers with colour coded side strips i think i actually prefer them black.