ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My PH1 172 pics finally.

320d
Well i've had the 172 for just over a week now and this is the 1st chance i've had to give it a scrub up and get some pics.

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

So far i'm loving driving it and the mods so far are:

PH2 Rear lights
Silvertecs front and rear
Flat wipers
Ktec stealth

My to do list so far is:

Belt changes - due in 6 months but will be done pretty soon.
New engine mounts - it sounds like a machine gun in 1st.
Refurb alloys

Future mods will definately include lowering, probably on ktec coilies, unsure of what after that, just see how it goes.

Comments and opinions welcome :D

Brett

Ian

Focus TDCi
Looks good Brett and the plans sound spot on too. :approve: Where are the photos taken? Looks like a decent spot.

320d
Pics taken by the East Lancs at Liverpool St Helens rugby ground. Its not a bad spot, only 5 mins away from my house too.

120d M Sport
Looks very tidy, nice one.

Stealth looks as thought it could do with adjusting though, not very "stealth" when its hanging below the rear bumper.

320d
Looks very tidy, nice one.

Stealth looks as thought it could do with adjusting though, not very "stealth" when its hanging below the rear bumper.

I will try and adjust it, but then i'll probably get more problems with it knocking. Its not a great fit on the ph1 tbh.

awsome mate, remember when i met you last year at the NW KK meet and said you'd get one, glad you've stuck with it and got one. Mind me asking how much u pay insurance?

GW RS200
Looks really nice! God, when these first came out, I wanted one so badly it hurt, and they still look so mean and aggressive today. The non-beaky look reminds me in some ways of the grin of the new 200, but that might just be me!

Ian

Focus TDCi
I know what you mean meady, that's what I said when I first saw the first 200. The 'grille' under the badge is almost identical in design to the mk2ph1's.

320d
Very nice how old are you?

where you get the flat wipers mate?

looks very nice the car btw mate :)

Thanks, Tesco £6. They're realy good wipers too.

Mint! New Dual Optics would make that such a winner :D

I'm either getting new ones or the current ones PC'd. They've just glazed over a bit. I'm going to try getting them pc'd 1st are new ones will cost £130.

Looks really nice! God, when these first came out, I wanted one so badly it hurt, and they still look so mean and aggressive today. The non-beaky look reminds me in some ways of the grin of the new 200, but that might just be me!

I love the look of it too, thats why I went for one over a ph2 despite the ph2's better interior. It reminds me of the 200 too, I'm a huge fan of the 200, prefare a more aggressive looking front end.

Looks mint, the car that earnt me my second 3 points!!

Hopefully I will have better luck in it Alex. I know already how easy it would be to get points in it, its no supercar but in my 1.2 I couldn't realy do speeds that would get me in big trouble other than in 30/40's, where at 100 this is still pulling hard. I'm not into big straight line speeds to be honest though.

PH-QUICK
Noooice, get some sportlines on it, best £100 mod you can make. How you finding the Ktec Stealth on the noise front?

320d
Noooice, get some sportlines on it, best £100 mod you can make. How you finding the Ktec Stealth on the noise front?

I think i'm going to go for the ktec coilies early next year. Simply because you get the new dampers too and they have a good reputation on here.

With regards to the stealth, i'm glad I got the silenced centre section one. It sounds nice imo, however it is very boomy between 3 and 4K, i've only done 200 miles so it hasn't fully bedded in. On the motorway cruising its pretty quiet but the slightest throttle input makes it loud again. My Girlfriend doesn't like it after todays motorway trip, but personally it doesn't bother me atall. A recessed system would reduce the boom according to Sean at ktec but I prefare the stealth.

Ian

Focus TDCi
If you do fancy a set of Sportlines you can have mine for what I paid for them Brett (£85)? They're just sat in the garage so it will remove the temptation for me. :) Maybe even take them back off you if you want to fit coilies at some point.

PH-QUICK
Choosing a new exhaust for mine is proving quite the decision, i've got a LOVELY cheapo Ashely back box straight through atm which sounds really awesome when your going for it, but is SO loud and droning on the motorway.

clio mk2 ph1 172
Choosing a new exhaust for mine is proving quite the decision, i've got a LOVELY cheapo Ashely back box straight through atm which sounds really awesome when your going for it, but is SO loud and droning on the motorway.

im after a new exhaust, i nice loud one for my new ph1 172 so if ya do get a new one and wana sell the ashly let me knw buddy;)