ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nurburgring roadtrip! (warning: contains lots of pics)

Just got back from a 4 day trip to the nurburgring, had an amazing time and recommend it to anyone!

There was a heatwave and it reached 37 degrees at one point

I have loads a photos but have tried to pic the best, im sorry they are so damn big!

On the way:

DSCF0124.jpg

DSCF0136.jpg

DSCF0154.jpg

DSC06290.jpg

DSC06296.jpg

DSCF0142.jpg

Hotel:

DSCF0155.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

DSCF0203.jpg

At the ring:

DSCF0167.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

DSCF0169.jpg

DSCF0165.jpg

DSCF0178.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0255.jpg

DSCF0212.jpg

DSCF0218.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

DSCF0227.jpg

DSCF0230.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSC06371.jpg

DSCF0228.jpg

DSCF0268.jpg

Temp:

DSCF0285.jpg

We stayed in the Hilton in Brussels for one night, my advice...do not go to Brussels!!!Wasnt cheap either

DSCF0296.jpg

Way home:

DSC06435.jpg

DSC06420.jpg

Then on the way back to calais my friends fan belt snapped. All shops shut as it was a sunday, we tried a temp fix but it didnt work. I towed the car for about 10 mins but my car was having none of it. After 2 hours at the side of the motorway we had no luck.

We had no choice but to ditch the car, i towed it to a small village and we bundled everything into my car and dashed to calais.

DSCF0304.jpg

DSCF0305.jpg

Yeah well its in Belgium at the mo, he is trying to get back out there this week with parts etc to bring it back

Ad

MK2 FRS
Hotel looks really smart. Its such an amazing place overall.

I'm back there at the end of August!

Looks like such a cool place, would love to go if i had a decent car to take with me. By decent i mean anything thats not like a wallowy boring marshmallow.

182 ff with cup pack's
look's like you had a good trip apart from the fan belt :(. you have any details on the hotel you stayed in looks really nice!!

clio 182 black /gold
I always thought you had to carry a spare fan belt. Also bulbs and warning triangle.

Corsa Van. Meh.
We stayed at that hotel last year....by the looks of that room its obviously been renovated recently. Looks really nice.

I am gong to try and get out there later this year. Love it.

Mini Cooper S
Nice pics, hope your mate gets his car sorted. Please burn your Henleys t-shirt, they should not be worn in public :)

c6mby

ClioSport Club Member
one of my favourate places on earth, heading back on august the 6th for the weekend. looks like you guys had fun, you planning to go back?
regards
sam

Sure thing;

Ferry: £70 return (calais to dover)
Hotel: 80 Euros a night (split between 2 obv)
Petrol: About 800 miles from calais to the ring and back again
One lap of ring: 22 euros - the more you do the cheaper it is

Probably spent about £450 for the 4 days

cheers pep!

Brett- it wasnt the best, but i didnt really push it that hard- even on coilovers it couldnt be any less of a track car if it tried. Still loved it though!