ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Yee - haw Pick Up Truck

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
He’s got another for sale if anyone fancies one…

IMG_6727.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Did it running empty damage the fuel pump?

Proper c***s trick if he syphoned the fuel out and caused this trouble.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Did it running empty damage the fuel pump?

Proper c***s trick if he syphoned the fuel out and caused this trouble.

I’m guessing it could be the issue. Spoken to the RAC this morning and they said don’t bother calling for an update before Friday. They couldn’t tell me where the truck is. I’m glad I paid for premium cover.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I’m guessing it could be the issue. Spoken to the RAC this morning and they said don’t bother calling for an update before Friday. They couldn’t tell me where the truck is. I’m glad I paid for premium cover.

Honestly, I would be calling them hourly if they told me that, and I would be posting relentlessly on social media about how s**t they were until they fixed it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Truck update.

It’s apparently at walls truck services.

They offered to have it delivered for me tomorrow but it would be relayed so would be 5 different recovery trucks, dropping off at different services and squatting the keys somewhere. I didn’t fancy it getting loaded and unloaded 5 times and been left in services so declined that option.

They still can’t give me a day as apparently walls truck services don’t get on with the other company who move vehicles in one so they’re trying to get walls to do it but they don’t really like moving stuff a long distance. I mean, I’m not sure that’s my problem but that’s the issue.

I could literally get it moved in a couple of days for £300-£400 but I know I’d never get the cash back from the RAC and I pay enough for the b*****d cover anyway!

On the plus side I get to keep the c1 until Thursday.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The whole relay thing is stupid, are these drivers only allowed to go 30 minutes down the road or something?

Have you asked them who's insurance covers the truck when it's left (by them) at services?

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
They claim tacho exemption so only allowed to work within 50km of their base, so could basically move it 100km max if they collected 50km south and travelled 50km north of base

Edit: it's 100km of base, not done that stuff for a few years and my memory is getting rid of all the useless info

Racky

ClioSport Club Member
  Minion Yellow
This is bonkers . So you pay breakdown cover and it takes x days so that they will recover your car from a to b ?
Someone had the same issues last year at CSF, but can't remember if it was with RAC. It took multiple tow trucks so that his car got recovered down south, I think Essex.

I am with RAC, and after reading all this shenanigans, really thinking of cancelling.

Imagine your are doing the NC500, you are from Brighton, and your car breaks down. It will take a month to get it down south

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
They are a joke as are the AA.

When I broke down in the van they turned up with a Ford Ka and the guy on the phone was genuinely puzzled why I wouldn’t just leave £1000s in tools in the van with them.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've used Swinton breakdown since I was 16 and they have always been really good, everyone turns their nose up at using a broker style breakdown cover as they don't have their own fleet but that's what makes them so good imo. They use local companies who just want to finish the job.

Worst (only negative, and I've used it a lot) experience I had was the 200 suspension collapsing last year, left me waiting at services for a relay for 3 hours then when it came they couldn't recover the car as it had collapsed suspension... But they did then taxi me home, deliver the car 2 days later and give me £200 for my troubles.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
100% I would be going full Gammon by now. I'd have been all over Twitter slagging them off. You pay for a service and they are clearly not providing that service to an acceptable level. Can @The Crumb Master not help with a number for anyone who will do it at a reasonable cost? And then just invoice the RAC and threaten them with small claims.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
100% I would be going full Gammon by now. I'd have been all over Twitter slagging them off. You pay for a service and they are clearly not providing that service to an acceptable level. Can @The Crumb Master not help with a number for anyone who will do it at a reasonable cost? And then just invoice the RAC and threaten them with small claims.

I’ve got hold of a decent guy from complaints now who is at least keeping us updated. Hopefully should have an idea today when it will be arriving.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I’d have had that back to you within 24h. But I understand why you wouldn’t want to pay for it when your RAC cover is supposed to do it.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I’d have had that back to you within 24h. But I understand why you wouldn’t want to pay for it when your RAC cover is supposed to do it.

That’s very kind. Yeah, if I thought the RAC would pay for it I’d take you up on the offer but I very much doubt they would.

plus I’d have to give the C1 back.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
So instead of paying a company the £300-£400 it'd take to move it in one go, they're going to do it over the course of a week, and pay to rent you a car for that period???

Have you got a new pump on order now? or does @Waitey have a spare, as he moved from Carb to injection a little while ago?

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
So instead of paying a company the £300-£400 it'd take to move it in one go, they're going to do it over the course of a week, and pay to rent you a car for that period???

Standard isn't it?

Burn money > Use logic

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Have you got a new pump on order now? or does @Waitey have a spare, as he moved from Carb to injection a little while ago?

They’ll still move it in one go at some point this week.

They just phoned to give me an update. The update was…..we’ll ring you tomorrow to update.

Top update.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
They've done so many recoveries on this year's policy that they're trying to get you to renew with the AA instead,

or they're absolutely f**king inept

it's definitely one of those two.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Do we think its just filled the carb up with tank shite given how low the knobber ran it before selling it to you?

I think it’s more likely the fuel pump has had a bad time. When it cools down it runs fine but then gets warm and has a bad time but it can’t do it any good running it to empty.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Given the way the RAC have been, I hope you're treating that car with all the contempt a hire car deserves

Ha ha, I just messaged the seller and told him that if he sells that white truck he might want to put some fuel in or at least tell them to bring a can.

‘The fuel station was only 5 miles away’

Yeah, I made it 4 miles mate.

‘Well, I put a tenner in 2 days before’

I don’t think £10 of super at £1.60 a litre goes that far in a 6.6 litre v8.

What a f**king moron.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha, I just messaged the seller and told him that if he sells that white truck he might want to put some fuel in or at least tell them to bring a can.

‘The fuel station was only 5 miles away’

Yeah, I made it 4 miles mate.

‘Well, I put a tenner in 2 days before’

I don’t think £10 of super at £1.60 a litre goes that far in a 6.6 litre v8.

What a f**king moron.
Put a tenner in 2 days before and did 30 miles driving home