ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Yee - haw Pick Up Truck

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Looks good does that.
If you keep it long enough, you could transport that cross-trainer to mine, when you're done with it.....

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
1693835409255.png

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Big Block in this one, did I remember that right?

Looks ace, give it a good run out tomorrow and enjoy the good weather :cool:

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
After setting off for wales at 5am this morning I just got back, 22hrs later.

The story goes….

Got to the car, looked great, sounded great, drove great, happy so paid the guy and left. The fuel gauge was pretty low, like really really low so enquired where the nearest petrol station was. Unfortunately, there was so little petrol in that I ran out before I got there and had to walk the last 300 metres to buy a can and come back.

Bit s**t leaving it that low on juice but meh, it happens. Anyway, I stuck £80 of Tesco 99 in it and set off. All was good in the good, cruising nice, but then I started having stall issues when coming to a stop at roundabouts. The car would start again straight away but kept happening. Pretty annoying but I tried to manage it as best as I could.

Fast forward another 20 minutes and I’m driving through a contra flow in road works and the car dies and won’t re start, turning over but feels like it’s not getting fuel. I was in one of those free recovery zones and they turned up pretty quick and moved me to a local car park where the RAC man came out.

IMG_6688.jpeg

Nice guy but I don’t think he new what he was on about. As a team we diagnosed the fuel pump. He took the online filter off and we gave it a go and started up like a champ. He said to follow him to see if it was fixed and we got another 5 miles down the road before it conked out again. Still in wales. By this time it was 5pm.

IMG_6692.jpeg

He told me I’d have to be relayed home and fucked off. Another hour past and the RAC rang, explained that the relay process would take best part of 2 days or they could take it to a compound and deliver it in 3-5 days in one trip. I went for that option as by this time I was losing the will to live. They told me they’d get me a hire car and I’d be off.

8pm a taxi turns up and picks me up. I leave the truck in the petrol station and f**k off (it’s probably still there now). The taxi takes me to Cardiff airport to enterprise. There I wait another 45 minutes for enterprise to turn up and they give me this chariot.

IMG_6694.jpeg

Citroen c1. So, I commenced the 4.5hr drive home and got back at about half 2 in the morning.

f**k knows where the truck is, I’m hoping they’ll let me know tomorrow sometime.

Top purchase.

Howell

ClioSport Club Member
  172, Crafter, A3
Did you meet Dale in Burry Port? Theres a petrol station literally 100m up the road from his house too.

What a bellend

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
What a dick move. Who sells a car and doesn’t leave enough fuel to get the buyer home?? Or at the very least, make it comfortably to the nearest fuel station??

What do we say about buying vehicles from South Wales Dan…

I almost said it when I first saw the link to the advert.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Update from the RAC.

After them promising me it would be collected last night I rang the petrol station this morning and it was still there. I then rang the RAC and they told me it was in their secure compound. Lying b******s. They then told me it was getting collected at 10am. Rang the police again, still there, rang at 1pm and still there. RAC then informed me that it would be collected at some point but probably not today. I asked for a manager to speak to but they don’t have supervisors in their.

I unleashed our lass.

It’s hopefully getting collected as we speak but I’m not holding my breath.

Lying c@nts.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
So what would happen if it got nicked while they were telling you it was in their secure compound?

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hopefully it’s something simple and just down to a load of shite getting dragged through it when the fuel ran out.

I’m hoping a can of carb cleaner and a bit of swearing will get it sorted 👍

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Hopefully it’s something simple and just down to a load of shite getting dragged through it when the fuel ran out.

I’m hoping a can of carb cleaner and a bit of swearing will get it sorted 👍

E10 fuel that's sat around a while isn't nice to carburettors, or fuel pumps.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Update from the RAC.

After them promising me it would be collected last night I rang the petrol station this morning and it was still there. I then rang the RAC and they told me it was in their secure compound. Lying b******s. They then told me it was getting collected at 10am. Rang the police again, still there, rang at 1pm and still there. RAC then informed me that it would be collected at some point but probably not today. I asked for a manager to speak to but they don’t have supervisors in their.

I unleashed our lass.

It’s hopefully getting collected as we speak but I’m not holding my breath.

Lying c@nts.
Get Starmer on the phone, he’ll sort it out.