ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Volvo 850 T5

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
That's fighting talk @Panda. ;)

Titans are nice, for sure, but they're not all that. Better than Volans though.

And of course on a tighter budget everyone wanted the Perfo instead of the Columba because you could get the bigger discs under them for an easy brake upgrade. Ah, happy days.

Bit scary that a decade on the alloy names are still committed to memory :D

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5

And of course on a tighter budget everyone wanted the Perfo instead of the Columba because you could get the bigger discs under them for an easy brake upgrade. Ah, happy days.

I am a little biased..... ;)

74b9956c-a78b-43f7-9e76-5fe8586fa4cf.jpg

I have a Columbia as a spare - which is annoying because as you say, they don't fit over the big brake kit :rolleyes: so if i get a flat there's a right fuckabout!!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

There’s a set of vols on eBay at the moment for £700!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
That exhaust that’s on it now is decidedly non-standard, wonder what it is? Looks a bit gash with those twin tailpipes IMO. I enjoyed the BSR one I had on mine, nice noise without droning. You’re going to get a proper drainpipe on it, aren’t you? ;)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
That exhaust that’s on it now is decidedly non-standard, wonder what it is? Looks a bit gash with those twin tailpipes IMO. I enjoyed the BSR one I had on mine, nice noise without droning. You’re going to get a proper drainpipe on it, aren’t you? ;)

I think it’s just the dtm style pipes that are non standard. It’s literally silent!

Panda.

ClioSport Club Member
  850 T5
Lovely that. What did it cost out of interest?

I had a new angled turbo outlet fitted at th same time so was all in about £550ish I think. That’s fitted (an absolute arse on these!) with a 200cell sports cat. He makes full systems etc too. He made an exhaust for Dan1973050’s clio turbo and knows @Coops Mk1 n’that.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a new angled turbo outlet fitted at th same time so was all in about £550ish I think. That’s fitted (an absolute arse on these!) with a 200cell sports cat. He makes full systems etc too. He made an exhaust for Dan1973050’s clio turbo and knows @Coops Mk1 n’that.

£850 for a cat back. I like exhausts but not that much.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Reckon the comets would look better than the original wheels if they were in silver, with them being dark they kinda vanish into the car.

There is something compelling about the classic look though. Tough choice,

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Reckon the comets would look better than the original wheels if they were in silver, with them being dark they kinda vanish into the car.

There is something compelling about the classic look though. Tough choice,

I’ve sold the comets now. I agree that they’d be a lot better in silver BUT that would be a refurb at £200 which makes them a bit expensive. I’m gonna go for the stainless to free up some of that noise and a panel filter first.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Standard T5 wheels look best on 850's IMO
Any plans to fit a tow bar?
It's just it'll be one less job for me to do when you spend a fortune on it and then sell me it for a big loss later this summer

You'll have to get in line behind me lol

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Fingers crossed on the MoT. Found the original sale ad on the VOC the other day, you did well there I’d say, looks like a very honest example. Haven’t been on the VOC forums for a while, they’ve not changed much, just all these newer cars on there now ?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Fingers crossed on the MoT. Found the original sale ad on the VOC the other day, you did well there I’d say, looks like a very honest example. Haven’t been on the VOC forums for a while, they’ve not changed much, just all these newer cars on there now ?

I think the average owner is well over 50!

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I think the average owner is well over 50!

It was ever thus ?

The performance oriented section was always pretty different to the rest of the forum iirc. I moderated on the VOC for a couple of years, left me with an undying respect for forum mods and admins - talk about a thankless ball ache of a job!