ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Vented Disc's

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Jesus, how the hell did you manage that. :eek:

Are these the Brembo Max discs still? I've hammered mine on trackdays and never even had any signs of warping, can't imagine how you got them to fracture like that. :confused:

Last edited:

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Nik said:
Jesus, how the hell did you manage that. :eek:

Are these the Brembo Max discs still? I've hammered mine on trackdays and never even had any signs of warping, can't imagine how you got them to fracture like that. :confused:

Yup there the ones..... Never even got to use them on a track day lol!!! :confused:

DC5
I know you said they are the Brembo Max discs, but I can't remember which ones yozzasport use. But are they the discs that you got from the yozzasport upgrade?

Fred said these were near enough unbreakable. I had this kit fitted a few weeks ago.

Only complaint I have about them is how shocking they are when cold, you really need to be giving them some stick to find how amazing they can be. But I think that is down to the pads, and not the discs.

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Weird. How thin are the surfaces? Are either of the two wear markers still left on them?

Just wondering because I know the discs get eaten up very quickly with the PF pads. I have to change my discs after a couple of trackdays.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
"Fred said these were near enough unbreakable. I had this kit fitted a few weeks ago"

^^PMSL!^^ They say they drive hard..... pah!

Nik they still had the wear indicators on them.....

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Little Newms said:
"Fred said these were near enough unbreakable. I had this kit fitted a few weeks ago"

^^PMSL!^^ They say they drive hard..... pah!

Nik they still had the wear indicators on them.....

Wow, thats pretty bad then.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
are they not just the brembo blanks... brembo max have a groove cut in to them i thought ???

brembo_max.jpg

these are the max....

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
check what you were sold if u were sold max... and not the normal blanks i would want some max discs as a replacement lol

172, Tiguan
I think Zoe's been ragging the **** out of his car then driving into a frozen lake at the end of the journey!

You'll be needing those foglight's to be taken out then!!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I do seem to remember your video of the car parked up with brakes on fire not so long ago :p That wont have done them all that much good to be honest.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
carbon copy said:
do you throw water on them after a hefty session?!

nice work

Nope..... I never clean my wheel's after a drive, only when they are stone cold

So cant be that

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Little Newms said:
Nope..... I never clean my wheel's after a drive, only when they are stone cold

So cant be that

Hang on you dont clean your wheels full stop :p

I cant belive that they have both gone, normally you can expect one, which may have a fault but both, might be a faulty batch, but it would be very unlikely as all of the companys I deal with X ray upto 25% of any batch to make sure there are no fracture lines which may cause cracking. I would seriously have a word with Brembo and get them to check the disc fully.

Lionel Richie
well done that man!!!!! do you actually use the engine to slow yourself down???? LMAO!!!

i'll sort you some new ones at cost!!

Elise/VX220/R26
prolly not wise to come off the track and then jet wash the car lol

Looks like you've been sold shome ****e discs

Lionel Richie
mark is the biggest girl ever!!!!! he can't drive either!!!!

LOL

anyway mark, my offer above still stands, new discs at cost price

Fred2001Dynamic said:
mark is the biggest girl ever!!!!! he can't drive either!!!!

LOL

anyway mark, my offer above still stands, new discs at cost price

I should bloody hope so,

Thats fcuking shocking:eek:

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
You should ask for a full refund, that is in fact very dangerous and discs should never crack like that even using upgraded pads..!!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
They are clearly faulty, I'd be asking for a replacement from either manufacturer or supplier.

EvoGone,

Please can you contact me! I've not yet recieved the induction kit I've paid you for. If there's a problem please can yo let me know....

Many Thanks

Roundy