ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new uber camp automobile. MX-5 Project.

It must scrape like a mother. Mine had sparks coming out the back at this height. (winter mode fyi)

DSC04896.jpg

Homo spec mazda
Thanks for all the comments guys, for the record It really isn't all that practical, and is much lower then it seems in the pictures. Im going to spend the day with the car tomorrow hopefully then you'l see it, if not, trax, il wiggle my way onto the CS stand.

Possibly the best 5 project i've seen. REALLY nice mate, well done!

Kind words but i really suggest you head over to clubroadster.net, mines uber low rent in comparison.

mk3 dyn s
or8 m8 went n had a look at your car looks well m8 wats happened to the light :(.

your wheels arnt that far out of arches thought u ment they was like when u had spaces on clio lol. n how come it eats tyers so much cos of camber ?.

Homo spec mazda
Just a snap of it on the drive after the headlight lid blew off on the motorway.

2011-07-20175938.jpg

Then just because it got so many positive comments on facebook, this was actually intended to be a photo of the 40 year old black guy on the pink kids scooter, Ballin' hard.

2011-07-22123848.jpg

Then a few photos of my mates FC

268036_10150371848768572_554223571_10260911_6524759_n.jpg

185590_126712054087150_100002450688375_198136_2968547_n.jpg

284456_10150723314070494_558810493_19907062_1220465_n.jpg

The FC is pretty standard
Kei office coilovers
R33 GTR wheels
Welded diff
NRG snap off hub attached to a red with yellow stitching personal wheel.

Either way its a proper awesome car. Oh and its for sale too.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Think i'm going to take mine to work next week now after reading this thread!

What's your gearbox like?
I went to go try one out yesterday, and it felt like you had to proper force the gears in.. especially 5th/reverse. Would that just be down to high mileage or are they all like that?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The funny thing is, we don't even need one car. lol. My 182's done 2k this year. :eek: Even less on the Twingo which is still on 11k from new.

I do love a nice FC, but I'd need it mint rather than drifted...

That said, the FC above does look awesome on the 33 rims.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
The funny thing is, we don't even need one car. lol. My 182's done 2k this year. :eek: Even less on the Twingo which is still on 11k from new.

I do love a nice FC, but I'd need it mint rather than drifted...

That said, the FC above does look awesome on the 33 rims.

It does look pretty nice tbf. And 2k this year?!?! No wonder those wheels stay nice and white! Mine does that a month near enough. Done 21k since September.

Black Clio GT
Thanks Matt, bought an R5 yet?

no mate looked at 6 of them and anything sub 4k needs a lot of work for it to be the way id want it, been looking into lupos and s3 engines recently, or might even put blood diamond on the road and cam about in that for a bit!!!

Homo spec mazda
Chris he wants 2k for it :)

Errr update without photos, This car spent plenty of time in hey bails all weekend, and generally making a mess of mallory park... All fun though.

320d
What's your gearbox like?
I went to go try one out yesterday, and it felt like you had to proper force the gears in.. especially 5th/reverse. Would that just be down to high mileage or are they all like that?

Mines on over 115K and the gearbox is superb. People who have driven it have said how it has a great gearbox.

Think it must just have been that car.

Homo spec mazda
TBF i think they are very very stiff, both of the ones ive driven are very stiff to change gear, but it is an awesome box.

Photo before awesomefest
em.jpg

A quick vid of awesomefest shot by foxy, im in it twice, and i spin once, this was my first or second session and tbf i was very nervous, and a lack of hydro made the chicane difficult.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mines on over 115K and the gearbox is superb. People who have driven it have said how it has a great gearbox.

Think it must just have been that car.

Yeah, seemed odd that it was more noticeable on two gears... I'll bear it in mind when I view the next one

TBF i think they are very very stiff, both of the ones ive driven are very stiff to change gear, but it is an awesome box.

A quick vid of awesomefest shot by foxy, im in it twice, and i spin once, this was my first or second session and tbf i was very nervous, and a lack of hydro made the chicane difficult.

Drifting looks tricky! Do you have an LSD or just an open diff? Interested to see how much difference they make tbh

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
you need to have MASSIVE balls to attempt to drift open lol! only way you get it to slide is by chucking it in to a corner as hard and fast as u can in fact i wouldn't even attempt it lol! if you get an open diff weld it, even most lsd's are shot to f**k and won't lock that well... but if its just for occasional playing a stock lsd is fine if you want to get serious you need to look at a 2 way