ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My New Set Up :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
I've been saving up for a few months to buy some new gadgets and funiture for my bedroom. Not having an expensive car to run, Meant that I could save quite a bit together.

Now I'm no computer genius, And I suppose there are better stuff out there. All i use this computer for is the internet and I-Tunes, So my friends who seem to know alot about computers seemed a little annoyed at my spec. I'll be honest, I just clicked on Customis my Dell, And bought what was in my Budget.

It has:

5GB of Ram (Which A nerd told me will bottleneck :S)
500GB HDD
N Vidia 256mb Graphics Card
22" HD Wdiescreen Monitor
Logitech 5.1 Surround Sound (only can see 2 speakers and the sub in pictures)
I'm not sure what the processor is (I just clicked the most expensive one in the upgrade section :embarassed: ) I'm probably going to get told I should have got x instead of y, and bought it from elsewhere and built it myself, But its very posh for me :p

Theres als omy 4GB Nano and 2 Laptops in View. Not sure why I own 2 recent Laptops, So Dont ask.

Saving for an Apple Touch now, And then I think I need to lay off gadgets and save for xmas :p

DSC01786.gif

DSC01782.gif

DSC01783.gif

DSC01784.gif

Furniture was just from PC World lol. I havent attached the drawer front yet lol :p

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
seems decent. how much?

my new Dell 1720 laptop is of similar performance, except a 17" 1900*1200 display. and a 2.2ghz core2 duo. set me back £1400

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Almost Half that lol, Was about £850 i think, I added a few things with it, Started as an Inspirion 531, Which was £499 lol :p

Are dell any good? I bought a laptop from them and it was awesome, Inspirion 1501, And then bought an Advent cause it was a very good price, But much prefer the dell, So went with them for my desktop.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Oh and on the performance test it got 5.7 I think, Not sure what this means but it said 5.0 was the best when Vista came out :S

RARE Unmolested Corsa sxi
Almost Half that lol, Was about £850 i think, I added a few things with it, Started as an Inspirion 531, Which was £499 lol :p

Are dell any good? I bought a laptop from them and it was awesome, Inspirion 1501, And then bought an Advent cause it was a very good price, But much prefer the dell, So went with them for my desktop.

ive always gone with dell and would always recommend them.
never had any problems.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Cool. I really like this, Really enjoying The speed and vista, And the screen is such an upgrade, I think thats my favourite part the screen, Didnt realise what a difference the big screen made :D

Fiat Panda 100hp
have a look in my computer properties, and see if you can see all the 5GB of ram. I dont know whether vista can see that much, I know XP cant.

Monaro VXR
Is it Vista 32 or vista 64?

If it is 32...the amount of ram you have can not be used by windows it is a hardware / software limitation of the 32bit system. So really extra expense that can not be used with the current OS...if it is a 32bit OS. Which knowing dell it likely is. So they were kind enough to take your money but not explain to you the extra ram is useless and can not work.

Has a 4gb limit to the amount of ram it can see. That should include vid card memory and other bits and pieces. Actual usable memory might be under 4gb.

Monaro VXR
...No idea not used vista but I would guess right click my computer and select properties.

See what it says. If it says X64 or similar then your whole amount of ram should be usable....hopefully.

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Nice one, now all you have to do is sprout a couple of extra appendages to use 3 machines at once haha

M135i
very nice spec there buddy!

a ipod touch will go nicely with that :) biast of course, i love my touch, best thing ive bought for a while :)

Mondeo ST220
looks decent mate, dell are awesome, never had any problems and any issues i have had due to my own lack of knowledge theyve been able to help me with through the online support. the whole family have dells now and not one problem with them

Megane Trophy
I the highest range dell they had in 2004 before i came to uni. Thats was £1150
19 flatscreen monitor
1gb ram
256mb nvidia graphics card
250gb hard drive

plenty of other ***** bejollocks

And ive only had one problem with the hard drive failing after 3 years, got that replaced and i absolutely love it.
Its still a good spec PC by todays standards and runs all my data logging and CAD design programmes perfectly.

SO in my opinion DELL are brillaint, my partner has a dell laptop as does my dad and mum. Dad also has a dell desktop PC.

M135i
ive got a dell insprion 6400 lappy. bought for 780ish mid last year. its already had a new hard drive about a month ago :mad: other than that it runs/had been running fine with no other problems.

the inbuilt card reader could do with being able to read SD HC though ;)

2014 Focus Titanium
5gb of ram? I assume thats 2 x 2gb sticks and 1 x 1gb stick right? If so, take the 1gb out because it won't really help your system at all tbh. You want all your sticks to be the same capacity otherwise the nerd is right and it will probably bottleneck. Either take the 1gb out or swap it for another 2 gb :D

Edit: Sorry I've just seen that u r running 32bit Vista. Take it out and ebay it then :)

Last edited:
  Fiat Panda 100hp
Samsung in now wall mounted. :D got rid of yours didnt you?

Got rid of my Sammy TV but I'd love a 22" Samsung monitor.. Isn't that the 226bw (well something like that?) It's meant to be amazing..

No the one on the right is a gateway 21" HD LCD. Is really good actually. and the one on the left is just a cheap Belinea 22" LCD. the gateway is in a completly different league compared to the 22".

I want a 24" dell or a Apple cinema display as the colours are so much better.

Fabia vRS
Got rid of my Sammy TV but I'd love a 22" Samsung monitor.. Isn't that the 226bw (well something like that?) It's meant to be amazing..

No the one on the right is a gateway 21" HD LCD. Is really good actually. and the one on the left is just a cheap Belinea 22" LCD. the gateway is in a completly different league compared to the 22".

I want a 24" dell or a Apple cinema display as the colours are so much better.

have i ever mentioned i have the 24" dell ? ;)

:rasp: