ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Rig - Case Needed?

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
It is time that i spent a wad on bits, so decided to get a nice new case for all my bits.

Now, i fancy a case which is going to be very upgradeable but can be very cool.

I do fancy water cooling, but just don't know enough about it, so after some advice before i spend £150+ on a case and cooling solutions.

Realistically i would want a nice case which looks good, but that does not have to be an option.

My initial choices are these, but i am subject to change if the right case appears or is recommended.
Antec 1200 Ultimate Gaming Case
Clear Cases (Which can be changed and swapped etc.
Thermaltake VH6000BWS Armor +
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P60B

Now these cases may be gash, and i dont mind this can change, but im after a big enough case WITHOUT wheels, i have enough cases on wheels to deal with at work so no thanks at home.

Any recommendation on these cases and/or water cooling. I presume there is advantages and disadvantages so you can list them below if you so wish.

Please note - costing of the cases in the examples is irrelevant as i will be going though trade.

Monaro VXR
Have a look at the Coolermaster stacker. I have one big case loads of room in it and they look half decent. Also offer great cooling as standard due to the ability of it to hold 8+ 120mm fans.

ex Clio 172 owner :(
Antec all the way. I've got an Antec 900 which is overkill for cooling on air as it is.

I've got a heavily overclocked system and it's very stable.

(louder than some people like though)

BMW M135i
The Lian Li gets my vote, haven't looked at that case in detail personally but I won't buy anything else anymore. That or antec.

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
My bro got the antec 300 and its very well made, looks subtle and i'm soo impressed with it for £35