ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new RB200FF

RS Clio 200FF
A few weeks back, having toyed with the idea for 9 months, I finally went in to the dealers to order a 200 cup in my carefully considered spec of GW, with black speedlines, cup spoiler (i like 'em ok!) and recaros. Then I accidently bought this instead, a pre reg 200ff not in GW, with 67 miles on the clock, many of which I'd done.
cs1s.JPG
Had to have the wheels sprayed black, the spoiler added and it doesn't have recaros but the saving over the price i'd negotiated for a new 200 cup left more than enough money to pick up some aftermarket recaro CSs plus mounting frames (despite them being about 2.2x the price of the factory fit option!) and still be quids in plus have an FF to boot. Wheels, spoiler and (you may have noticed) the body coloured front bumper were arranged by the dealer and it was ready to pick up a week later (a week ago last friday now). I seem to recall it was a very long week.... thank goodness i didn't have to wait for 3 months for one from the factory!

:D

Attachments

• cs1.JPG
    cs1.JPG
    252.8 KB · Views: 183

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Been asking to see a colour coded one since they were released but the Black actually breaks it up well.

Also looks a poor colour match.

Car looks nice though. Apart from the stickers. Never work.

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
I remember when the 200 came out I thought Renault were crazy with the back bit at the front, this pic just confirms they did kinda know what they were doing.

I don't think there will be many 200's in your part of the country, let alone any more to this spec.

RS Clio 200FF
Well, it was a gamble colour coding the bumper without seeing it done previously, and having seen it discussed in a few threads over the years I knew it might be a bit marmite (like the cup spoiler or not having speedlines!) but I didn't think it would be quite this controversial!

Mini Cooper S sport
That's the first colour-coded one I've seen and I'm not sure if I like it or not. I love racing blue, but something doesn't look quite right. I think it's the lines down from the headlines, if the bumper was smooth it might look better. OH I don't know.

I might like it in the metal.

Not keen on the stickers though..

BG 182
i checked the pic out quickly before reading the text and thought 'that bumper looks odd'. aslong as you r happy with it, is the colour actually slightly out or is it the light?

Iceberg 172 Cup
colour coding would be the least of my worries! its depreciation the biggy! i dont understand people buying new cars when you can pick them up a year later for nothing, but it is a contradiction i know as someone has to buy it new! but i always leave that to someone else :rasp:

nice car chap! best colour!

An orange one
Love it with the colourcoding!!!! :D

The colour does look a bit out though? Could be the pics...

RS Clio 200FF
colour coding would be the least of my worries! its depreciation the biggy! i dont understand people buying new cars when you can pick them up a year later for nothing, but it is a contradiction i know as someone has to buy it new! but i always leave that to someone else :rasp:

nice car chap! best colour!

Thanks! Despite only having 67 miles on the clock, I made quite a saving on the new price :D

Love it with the colourcoding!!!! :D

The colour does look a bit out though? Could be the pics...

Thanks! Not the picture - just the light. Tone is near perfect in real life

Mines colour coded and it works.

Yours? I'm not so sure.

Who cares anyway, just get in it and drive it, lots.

way ahead of you there :rasp:

i checked the pic out quickly before reading the text and thought 'that bumper looks odd'. aslong as you r happy with it, is the colour actually slightly out or is it the light?

no, it's the light. I don't prefer it any more or less than the black bumper, so yeah I'm happy. And I can't see it from the inside...

Would look better with a better colour match and smoothed lines.

Like a 197 yes.

The colour does match, it's just the light

Looks awful colour-coded. :dapprove:

What you meant to say was "congratulations on your new purchase, i hope you're very happy with it. Personally I prefer the original colour"? :rasp:

Been asking to see a colour coded one since they were released but the Black actually breaks it up well.

Also looks a poor colour match.

Car looks nice though. Apart from the stickers. Never work.

no, not a poor colour match.... it's the light!

it's the light

it's the light

it's the light

:D:D:D:D:rasp::rasp::rasp::D:D:D

RB 182 FF
I love it, I think the others are talking turd with the colour coding, looks lovely and looks the same colour as the rest of the car to me! I love it and Im jealous:p