ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new racecar project (Icemans old shell)

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Not a lot going on as I wasn't racing at Combe last weekend. Next out in just over 3 weeks at Oulton Park. However I'm away on holiday for a week and then away working for 2 weeks so needed to prep the car this week.
Got all the usual stuff done, fluids checked, fuel done and had it on the ramp tonight and spanner checked it all.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1441659081.784846.jpg

Also put a new coil pack on the car as after Silverstone wasn't convinced the one that was on there was performing at its best. Had a fiddle around with the idle too as it was a bit low compared to how it normally is.
That's it all ready for Oulton!
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Another great weekend of racing in the Tricolore Trophy at Oulton Park. Saturday morning brought a cold damp and extremely foggy circuit. Pleased to qualify 3rd as it was very slippery and i didnt want to push too much.

Race1.

Got a good jump off the line but couldnt find a way through the 2 306's while trying to keep everyone else behind. Safety car deployed half way through the 1st lap due to a multi car incident behind us at the first corner. Kept close after the restart and managed to pick off one of the peugeots at the last corner although we were side by side down the start finish staright into the first corner, started to catch the other later on in the race as he'd backed off but the last 2 laps were spent trying to fend off Lee Williams Saxo. Mega defensive everywhere meant we stayed in front for 2nd overall and 2nd in class.

Race 2.

No footage of race 2 as the battery went flat. We started 2nd on the grid from our race 1 finish position but i dont like the outside of the grid at oulton. Sure enough lee's saxo shot up the inside and him and Johns 306 took off. I had my own problems with matthew Darlingtons 106. I locked up and straight on at Hizzy's chicane letting the 106 past and meaning Andy Mitchels 205 was right behind. Managed to pull away from the 205 again and set off after the 106.Took me a couple of laps to catch him and passed him on the inside through island. Managed to pull a decent gap on him and thats how it stayed until the end. 3rd overall 2nd in class.

A great days racing with a very quick field, our times would have meant we'd have been at the front in the previous weekends tintops race against serious DC5's, ex BTCC 306's and Focus's, lee williams Saxo won that race outright btw. Happy with consistant 1.57 laps in both races.

Thats the end of another great season of racing with lots of ups and downs. We have a new car now, or at least a shell to start building for the this series and the plan was to break the clio after oulton but not sure i can bring myself to do that. Keep your eyes peeled for the complete car for sale with full spec asap.

2015%20Oulton%20Tricolore%20Race%201%2021_zpsjkqvawqz.jpg

2015%20Oulton%20Tricolore%20Race%201%2039_zps4sefhxbn.jpg

2015%20Oulton%20Tricolore%20Race%201%2098_zpsmjvc5aah.jpg

2015%20Oulton%20Tricolore%20Race%201%20118_zps49sp4xvw.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 172 & BMW 335D
@Russ Rallye the car is a great piece of work, was there on Saturday having a look around it, you didn't seem to be around though!
What bhp is it running do you know?
Hopefully joining this series next year....are you building another car to enter this championship?

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
@Russ Rallye the car is a great piece of work, was there on Saturday having a look around it, you didn't seem to be around though!
What bhp is it running do you know?
Hopefully joining this series next year....are you building another car to enter this championship?
Thanks mate, Sorry I wasn't around, won't have been far away, probably stealing food off @Tony Hunter for my little one! Yeah new car will be run in the series too.
It makes ~220bhp and ~180lbft.
Russ

Clio 172 & BMW 335D
Thanks mate, Sorry I wasn't around, won't have been far away, probably stealing food off @Tony Hunter for my little one! Yeah new car will be run in the series too.
It makes ~220bhp and ~180lbft.
Russ
Yeah had a look around all the cars, the White 106 looked in very good condition too!
We missed the first race but you looked good in the second race, even saw you get a little out of shape after hill top when you went over the grass!

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah had a look around all the cars, the White 106 looked in very good condition too!
We missed the first race but you looked good in the second race, even saw you get a little out of shape after hill top when you went over the grass!
Shame, race 1 was the better race, just didn't have the pace in race 2 to stick with the front 2.
@.Stevo.C. Not sure about Hughes 306 that I got past at lodge but even that's a little quicker than mine in a straight line. The other one allegedly has an ex super touring spec mi-16 based motor with 280bhp+ so I'm not too disappointed being beaten by him!
Russ

Surprised to see you selling up mate, your car always looks so sorted.

Will be interested to see the next project. Still sticking with Renault? Or maybe a little saxo/106......

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised to see you selling up mate, your car always looks so sorted.

Will be interested to see the next project. Still sticking with Renault? Or maybe a little saxo/106......
It is a sorted car James just want to build something else, have raced it for 2 seasons and know to go any faster id need to spend substantial money on it.
The honest answer is i dont know whats next, went to pick up my new shell on saturday and turned out to be not as described! Have provisionally sold the car now and all the bits too. I'll be building a Class E 172 Cup for hire for next season and if its free i'll race it myself while i'm building my class A car, thats the plan anyway.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Well the car went to her new home today, she'll be back out on the Tricolore grid in 2016. Removed all the bits off it that I'm keeping or that I'd sold and removed the numbers and stickers and gave her a final wash.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447621106.059484.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447621271.268986.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447621302.419340.jpg

This will probably be the last update on this thread. I need to start some new ones.
Bought myself an E36 Sport Touring that all being well will be built to full M3 spec. For all the BMW geeks on here it's a genuine sport touring in Avus Blue.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447621585.467211.jpg

Part of the deal with my Racecar was taking a 172 cup in part ex that will become my new production spec car that will be available for hire in the Tricolore series. Have a load of bits ready to fit from my white car. Just waiting on a cage etc do I can prep the inside. The plan is for it to look near identical to the outgoing car once built albeit a lot lower spec. Pics as it stands. Turinis taken off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447621947.356605.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447622020.088428.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447622105.152948.jpg

Also keep an eye out for my new full house Racecar thread. It's in the garage now so will be revealed shortly, plenty of work to do on it and can't see it being done for the start of the season but will be out sometime this season.
Russ

Clio 182 Race car
nice motor ha ha..........awesome its going to be available for hire..........look forward to seeing whatever it is up your sleeve during the season.........I'll have to pay nick and co some hush money on engine and drivetrain spec for my car before unveiling ha ha

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
So..............
This just happened!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466796216.190158.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466796235.405223.jpg

'Nicole' is back in my possession, been on the cards for a few weeks after Damo I sold it to felt he couldn't commit to rebuilding the car due to work etc so told me he was thinking of selling, without even thinking I said I'd have it back! I'll never forget nearly crying on the cool down lap at Oulton last year thinking I'd never race her again.

Anyway I still have loads of bits from the car I removed do they're to go back on. I've bought a new gearbox and have an engine and some cams, just need a few bits, clutch/flywheel, itbs, exhaust manifold and system. Need to give it a thorough going over as it never got a refresh before the sale, plan is to have it out before the seasons over though in at least one series.

I also have a big spec EP3 that I'm building, need to put a thread up for that one at some point.
Russ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1466796751.948275.jpg