ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my new LOUD system!

Have you got door speakers/components?

Id say ditch the 6x9s and run the sub off a mono block amp.

The 6x9s are pointless with that sub there anyway!!

BMW M3 - For Sale!

ive only got standard speakers in the front but i definitely want to keep my 6x9s. my dad is gonna make a build for me where the sub is in the middle and then the 6x9s are on the sides of it facing upwards (like the parcel shelf) - also at the same height of the sub.

so i need an amp to run the sub and the speakers. can mono amps run both? if so, can someone point me in the direction of a mono amp that will be capable of running them to its full potential?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

if not, can someone show me a mono amp to run the sub and a normal amp to run the speakers? again, to their full potential!

BMW M3 - For Sale!

thanks a lot nay. will them amps definitely run the system to its full potential? and theyre not too big are they?

Skoda Fabia vRS

it depends completely on how much your willing to spend, and although at present ive got them, get rid of the 6x9s and get some front components and amp them instead

get a 4 ch amp and some components for the front (say 40W rms). run these along with the sub off the amp.

either run 6by9s off HD or bin

BMW M3 - For Sale!

doesnt it sound strange tho with the tune playing just from the front? ive got a 1000W sub in the boot at the moment wiv the 6x9s on the parcel shelf and i think it sounds mint

Think 6by9s will only distort after huges amounts of bass, You want a bit of rear fill, just that most people tend to have it louder in the front, as u are there most of the time.

BMW M3 - For Sale!

so wots the difference between runnin the sub off of a mono amp compared to a normal amp?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

so if i got a mono amp for the sub and then a 4 channel amp to power 6x9s and a set of components then it would be mint?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

i dont understand this whole amp stuff...

my new sub is 400W RMS - 1600W PEAK.

im lookin at an amp that says 400W RMS - 1000W PEAK.

am i lookin for the peak to match? or am i lookin for the RMS to match eachother?

BMW M3 - For Sale!

forget that question above ^

can sum1 just point me in the right direction of two amplifiers.

one to run my sub to its full potential

and one to run a set of 160W components and my 360W 6x9s to their full potential

££££ dont really matter cos i could always save up for a lil while

A slow one :-(

Look on Caraudiodirect.com

get a mono block for the sub .....try the Genesis range

As for a 4 Ch amp what about a Rockford Fosgate, JL???

Try to spend as much as possible. Oh and get a descent designed box get the most out of your sub!

Id seriously dump the 6*9s if i were you! See what it sounds like first if you want though!

BMW M3 - For Sale!

thanx eddie

can u give me the links to exact amps please? i really have no idea about amps at all and ill keep the 6x9s for now just to see wot theyre like

Scenic mk1 (F3R)

bit of advice u dont wana run the sub at 1600 or it will destort like buggery same with the speakers get an amp slightly less powerfull than the peak and run them some where in the middle of min and max i blew a sub once wen i first started out dont wana see that happening to u

You want to match RMS figures. At a guess aswell theyd put a sh*t load more power out than quoted!

I put 150WRMS of an Alpine V12 amp through my old 12" Ultimate sub and it pissed on my mate running 2 12" Jacksons and a Jackson amp. Might of been down to the sub box mind.

If you can afford it spend more. They were just some suggestions. Perhaps BamBam could help out here as I sort of lost touch with the Audio scene a few years back. Getting back into it now that Im happy with the rest of my car!

[Edited by Eddieb on 02 June 2004 at 9:04pm]

Cos in short the sub f**ks about with the 6*9s with the air movements and pressure changes. Makes them sound sh*te! And I recon for 100 quid or what ever they cost they sound fooking sh*te! I setup a lads Saxo which had 6*9s in them and they were the worst things ive ever heard! 100 quid ona better amp or some better front speakers imo!