ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Not a fire breathing monster of a track car, but still new none the less so thought i would share :)

I got this 6 month ago:

545570_10151242890081061_180382112_n.jpg

Borrowed this for a bit:

598555_10151362213851061_1207767625_n.jpg

Then this (thanks Brian :eek:)

12224_10151515451196061_1921584812_n.jpg

And yesterday I picked up this:

644248_10151536838821061_1812938443_n.jpg

It's only an expression + spec but it's got all the options on it. Sunroof/parking sensors/TomTOm Live/CC/Key card/Bluetooth hands free etc etc. Really like it, much nicer place to sit than my Clio and sits on the motor way in 6th @ 80 doing just over 2k revs avging 58mpg. It's excellent!

You also cannot beat a new car, I love the smell!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Any reason for the lower spec cars Boosh? Obviously far from exciting? Miles? Cheap company discount?

The Megane looks pretty tidy, the interiors always put me off the 250/265, 2013 any better?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Any reason for the lower spec cars Boosh? Obviously far from exciting? Miles? Cheap company discount?

The Megane looks pretty tidy, the interiors always put me off the 250/265, 2013 any better?

It's pretty much the best spec I can get given my grade at the minute. The interior is the same as the Megane really!

Mercedes
I'm currently rolling in a white version of your first Clio while the merc sits at home gathering dust, does make you appreciate when you get in something nicer.

811C5255-5F24-4CED-9F73-32E3DC03CE67-16805-00000815B57F31FA_zps51f1140b.jpg

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Looks decent Lukey. Any closer to thinking about getting a V6?

There's no thinking about it I will be getting one, just don't want to rush into a purchase and I also need to save up a bit more - Although savings keep getting chipped away by holidays and other bits. Hopefully have one in a year or two, i'm in no rush as I know I will buy it and keep it.

There's a lovely titanium one on PH at the minute, looks gorgeous.

I'd rather kill myself than buy a diesel but each to his own lol.

It's nice enough and you're not wrong about the new car feeling. Certainly beats sitting around in someone else's crumbs, bogies, chewed-off fingernails, and dandruff.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Meh same difference. OK I'd rather kill myself than do a job that requires me to drive a diesel pmsl ;)

I do miss petrol I'll be honest! Although it's pretty good, I just put fuel in this and dont have to insure/serviice/wash/tax it, get's replaced every 6 months and when I can afford a vee i'll have that for when I want a bit of fun.

work for BMW
looks very nice and boring :p but fair enough would be a great place to be in on long journeys

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I'm currently rolling in a white version of your first Clio while the merc sits at home gathering dust, does make you appreciate when you get in something nicer.

So true that! I use my T reg corsa for the uni commute. The clio feels amazing to drive afterwards

Brian

ClioSport Admin
  LY 220 Trophy
Well at least my car has brightened up your pics! :approve:

Have you already got an idea of what car you're having next?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So I recently got rid of this:

10405610_10152461688826061_6515061251371959231_n.jpg

And picked up this:

10373809_10152461688736061_4022829201747586234_n.jpg

I am toying with the idea of picking up a Megane 265 in Mercury silver with cup pack and Recaro's next, but I need to sit down and have a think about running costs.

Clio was a great car. Wish i'd gone for the higher spec one with the arm rest, but was still a good hack. Averaged 62 mpg over my ownership and it didn't matter how you drove it - always averaged this. Was so cheap to run.

Megane is a different car. Less MPG at the moment (50mpg) but engine is still new. Really like how it looks personally and the extra gear is handy on the motorway. It's nice to have that extra torque.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'd want to run an RS if I was representing the company though. :)

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
But you get to drive something more in keeping with someone under 30, instead of something a 45 year old mum would drive ;)

Fair point :p.

I just think it will be a shock to the system going from something that will do 60mpg easily, to something that does half that. That said, will only need to keep it for 6-7 months, so could always get myself into a GT line instead.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's your problem. You went MPG too quick.

I have a guy at work that loves cars, hot hatches like the Megane etc. His problem was he bought a fast diesel and is now used to the MPG and will struggle ever to move back!

I just think it will be a shock to the system going from something that will do 60mpg easily, to something that does half that. That said, will only need to keep it for 6-7 months, so could always get myself into a GT line instead.

Do they not do a "sporty" diesel version any more, Luke? Like the R26 lookalikes?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I just think it will be a shock to the system going from something that will do 60mpg easily, to something that does half that.

Valid point!! As JD said though, once you go derv its difficult to go back, hence why i had an M3/R32 doing 27mpg to do 100 miles a day lol. Now i get 28mpg and do 12 miles a day, its utter bliss. They not do something a bit less "family" in the diesel range?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Valid point!! As JD said though, once you go derv its difficult to go back, hence why i had an M3/R32 doing 27mpg to do 100 miles a day lol. Now i get 28mpg and do 12 miles a day, its utter bliss. They not do something a bit less "family" in the diesel range?

FUUUUUUUu!