ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new car... meet Ruby.

Its still a crap truck in comparison ..... and raptors will go to 1000bhp plus ..... rams even in srt form are not better than an f150

Ash.

North West
ClioSport Area Rep
Wow that went quick Laura, hope I one day get to see this before it dose go truly a epic car and I bet your happy that you got to get one while you had a chance! I know I would. As to the next car don't get a Nissan, get or at least go and have a drive in a defender. Turly special car in a silly way. As to the muppets on about trucks bhp isn't every thing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhI-K0aAk8

Wow that went quick Laura, hope I one day get to see this before it dose go truly a epic car and I bet your happy that you got to get one while you had a chance! I know I would. As to the next car don't get a Nissan, get or at least go and have a drive in a defender. Turly special car in a silly way. As to the muppets on about trucks bhp isn't every thing.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hDhI-K0aAk8

Err your quite corect bhp isnt everything .... but having driven lots of em including owning a defender the F150 Raptor is rather special .

Also the youtube clip above shows what happens with difflocks on the defender and the diffs not locked on the ram .... which they can

Renault Clio182 bean
What an absolutely beautiful car, :approve: loving that colour as well. I'm not into original colours

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Ive always like these and for what they cost 2nd hand they are a bargain...

My favourite bit of film was top gears coverage of the V12 vantage.Great filming and lovely music.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The V12V is the best Aston in years. My boss was way too worried about reliability (had one years ago, once bitten) too buy one sadly.

Apart from the wheels, a stunning machine.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Just had the front bumper resprayed to loose the stone chips. 2 new O2 sensors as the emissions light flashed on every so often. New air filter.

just a wheel refurb to do and I can start to think about selling :( 18months of joy will come to an end and be replaced with 25 years of mortgage paying :(

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I have two people I know that could be interested. If you fancy messaging me some details please do

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What vehicle shall you be buying Laura? Ph1 or some cheap pcp/lease mobile?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
I'll think I'll be selling it back to my dealer. They have been after it back and I don't fancy private deals where getting on for 40k is involved.

Test drives, finance etc etc

no idea yet not thought about it. Trying not to. She's not going anywhere until April I don't think

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Where did you have the respray done? I've seen a red one like yours parked at Sapphire Garages (Newton Heath) car park for a few weeks.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ive said to myself ill be OK with losing 10k over my ownership in depreciation, seems a lot but i knew what i was getting in to, and i paid a premium to get it from a main dealer.

I'd be interested to know how much the entire 'experience' has cost overall, so servicing, restoration to saleable standard, depreciation, tax, insurance etc etc.

be a good figure to know in case I ever fancy a re-mortgage and pissing 20k or something up the wall for 18 months of motoring Nirvana :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Well this is where the story comes to an end.

It started here
664FB57D-34B5-4D93-A1F1-4EED61DF34F6-1287-000000C1CF235DB9_zpsb8b093fe.jpg

Peaked here
3719C4BB-74F2-44DC-B882-1C11FD4EE7C6-1287-000000C396DE4717_zps526f0629.jpg

here
9602066752_46c2db5d3e_c.jpg

aston meet-10 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

and here
8377359068_1514b200fc_c.jpg

Aston-6 by laurataylor225, on Flickr

and ended today
B48A135C-E7C7-4627-905B-D80BDE9693C6_zpsrsfkq1v8.jpg

16 Months
7,500 miles
14 MPG average including 1200 miles of french motorways so id say 11/12MPG average

2 soft breakdowns
0 hard breakdows

4 Warranty claims

2 new tyres
3 repairs not covered by warranty
1 Service
1 MOT

Uncountable smiles and the best year ever!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Glad you enjoyed it.

What was the total cost of ownership? and how many miles in total did you do?

Ie how much did it end up costing per mile including insurance, depreciation, parts, the repairs and servicing etc?

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Not sure tbh, dont actually want to add it all up, 7K in depreciation alone. Its been an expensive undertaking for sure but worth every second :D

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oops, reading fail by me there on the mileage.

So its a quid a mile in depreciation alone, then add in 50p a mile for fuel.

Must have been about 2 quid a mile or so at least all in then.

Or 1000 quid+ a month.

So an entire wage to someone in a minimum wage job, before they eat or drink or have clothes or anywhere to live.

Certainly not a cheap exercise then!

Lol.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Mental amount of money but glad you enjoyed it. Going back to povo spec motoring is going to be hard lol

luckly i get to drive £80,000 + cars everyday, not owning one will however take some getting used to. Time to get shopping

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
As soon as I read his comment, I thought ''Of all the people to say that to!!''

Chip, take your foot out of your mouth mate.

X

Sorry to hear that mate.

Hideous disease, my great auntie had it, so horrible for the whole family as obviously you end up not even recognising your own flesh and blood :(

You wasn't to know mate, mum got it when she was 54, she is now 62.

Anyway, OT

Good luck house hunting Laura.